GDT: 11/8/2019 2pm ET Tampa at Buffalo Sabres in ModoLand, NBCSN and WGR550

jsb

21 hours ago, Derrico said:

Build through the draft?  We’ve had top 10 picks for 5000000 straight years and they’re still *****.  Where’s asplund?  Where’s these other non top 2 overall picks?  I like olofsson as much as anyone but he’s looking like a one trick pony and ain’t much in the way of home grown talent.

That is their plan, the team .  No spending bucks to lures here. free agent

15 hours ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Appreciate the response, not saying I would do the same. Honest question, the Sabres have an analytics group, undoubtedly the coaching staff has access to the numbers, why do they choose to deploy the personnel almost diametrically opposed to how you would?

With Housley he did not listen to the analytics people at all. Krueger was known for revamping the analytics department with Southhampton and I was hopeful that there would be additions announced to the analytics department. When Alex Mandracky and Andrew Thomas were let go by the Wild, I was hopeful one of them would be hired by the Sabres. The former is with Seattle and the latter is in the private sector. Megan Chayka runs Analytics Consulting Service that the Sabres use in addition to Jason Nightengale. Either the data is not good enough or Krueger is also resistant to using it as well, which does not make much sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Finally got to watch this game as the 48 hour blackout is over. I really can't believe this is why everyone is on suicide watch. 

This was a way closer game than I would have thought reading all the bridge jumpers' post in this thread.

My thoughts-

Olafsson did a thing 5 on 5 but is still mostly invisible.

Sheary is useless.

Vesey is coming on. He needs to score soon.

I believe that anyone who wants Risto traded just doesn't know hockey. I know that may offend some people. I don't care. It's what I believe.

We lost for two reasons; we got out-physicalled (sorry, ink) in the first and that was the difference, and Jack played the worst game of hockey I have ever seen someone of his skill level play. That's it.

Pretty good game though.

Still a young season.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

Almost forgot. D men should study Victor Hedman. He holds every time he is engaged with an opposing player and never gets called. It's pretty ingenious. He holds on to his stick but with his non dominant (lower) hand and the opposing player and it somehow doesn't look like he is holding,… I mean, at least to the refs, obviously.

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Almost forgot. D men should study Victor Hedman. He holds every time he is engaged with an opposing player and never gets called. It's pretty ingenious. He holds on to his stick but with his non dominant (lower) hand and the opposing player and it somehow doesn't look like he is holding,… I mean, at least to the refs, obviously.

I was thinking the same thing about Hedman. That dude is a holding mother *****. He isn’t always so covert about it either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bunomatic said:

There’s a big difference between gooning it up and playing tough and winning battles. But you know that.

Winning battles is not what most are talking about when they say "we don't play physical enough". 

The team is not talented enough. It is that simple. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Winning battles is not what most are talking about when they say "we don't play physical enough". 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I’m not most people. I want more talent sure but i want talent that can win battles. I’m tired of watching our guys get moved off pucks . Its maddening when theres a cheap shot and our only response is to complain to the official. Look at the teams that are in every conversation come playoff time. They have one thing in common. They go to war for each other. Like someone else said like a pack of dogs. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I’m not most people. I want more talent sure but i want talent that can win battles. I’m tired of watching our guys get moved off pucks . Its maddening when theres a cheap shot and our only response is to complain to the official. Look at the teams that are in every conversation come playoff time. They have one thing in common. They go to war for each other. Like someone else said like a pack of dogs. 

We have lots of talent. Sheary is really talented. He’s just not a physical enough player to show it because he’s too busy getting shoved around.

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

We have lots of talent. Sheary is really talented. He’s just not a physical enough player to show it because he’s too busy getting shoved around.

You are talking about puck skills.  That’s not talent exactly.

I consider talent to be the actual quality of the hockey player.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

I'm not sure that he is really talented (compared to other NHL caliber players). I'm also not sure that he puts 100% in every game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.