GDT: 11/8/2019 2pm ET Tampa at Buffalo Sabres in ModoLand, NBCSN and WGR550

jsb

8 minutes ago, ... said:

Right? I kind of don't appreciate the gap in the schedule. I mean, it's nice our brothers and sisters in Sweden get to see some live NHL games, but it does make for a long week for the rest of us.

It's for the benefit of the league. The vast majority of their customers suffer for their marketing efforts — 2 o'clock on a work day, yuck. Not a great way to run an entertainment business.

26 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I just cleared it with my boss:  I'm playing hooky this afternoon so I can watch the game.

14 minutes ago, BMWR100RT said:

I am the boss. I can't allow that.

Well I'm on my first week of retirement, I'm watching the game in fact I could have used a west coast road trip this week...... ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, jsb said:

For the 50th year anniversary I keep trying to put fresh items in there that some may or may not remember. One thing I'm surprised at that no-one has commented on is the array of Sabres jerseys I try to incorporate in these pics. Even in the same era, I try to pick out the slight differences in if not all, most of them. 

The effort you've been putting in this season has been definitely noted and is appreciated.

That said ... ?

he says in his best Cindy Lou Who voice, regarding including (and because the game is being held in Europe, to keep with the formalities and spectacle, we'll go with his proper given name per Rick Jeanneret) Richard Smehlik-clears-the-puck---not-out as a European Sabre, why Santy Claus, WHY?

4 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

pregame on wgr at 1230, apparently...

And GR has been saying that RJ and Ray will be at (716) doing play by play.  (Shades of Ted Darling.). Not sure if that will be broadcast on GR as well, or if that will only be heard in the confines of the bar.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.