Neutral site games in Sabres history

PASabreFan

Regular season, of course.

Can you name the location and/or opponent (bonus points for the result)?

Hints: There have been eight games. The games came in three bunches separated by as little as one day and as much as two years. Four games in the first bunch, then two and two. Three different owners for each bunch.

14 minutes ago, Ogre said:

There were two games vs the Kings to start a season somewhere neutral....but where? Without google I couldn’t say.

You're also half right. The Sabres played the Kings in Berlin the second game of 2011-12. They played another Cali team the day before in another European city.

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Two in Paul Hamilton, Ontario.  And one in a then-former, now current NHL city, right?

You are correct, sir.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You're also half right. The Sabres played the Kings in Berlin the second game of 2011-12. They played another Cali team the day before in another European city.

You are correct, sir.

The Ducks in Prague?

24 minutes ago, LTS said:

The Ducks in Prague?

I think Prague is right because Ehrhoff was from there or near...Right? My brain still only remembers the Kings though. I do remember winning both games and getting my hopes up. Fooled I was.

Just now, Ogre said:

I think Prague is right because Ehrhoff was from there or near...Right? My brain still only remembers the Kings though. I do remember winning both games and getting my hopes up. Fooled I was.

Ehrhoff is German.

I have no idea whether the Sabs played in Prague, but Ehrhoff is why the Sabres played at Adler Mannheim, I think?

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

They are especially delicious.  The Czechs prepare them with a seasoning unlike anything we have in the States, and then they sauté them so lightly.  It's such a tender dish.

You’re on a roll, tonight.  Angry Eleven has become Whimsical Eleven.

I hear Hal 9000, slightly buzzed.

Is Rochester a neutral site?

Edited by Neo

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Winterpeg?

St. Paul.  I suppose that technically Bloomington is a suburb of Minneapolis and not St. Paul, but I'm not being too pedantic here and I doubt that PA is.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Eleven said:

St. Paul.  I suppose that technically Bloomington was a suburb of Minneapolis and not St. Paul, but I'm not being too pedantic here and I doubt that PA is.

Against the Islanders.   Don’t remember but Elliotte Friedman wrote about it after the game in Saskatchewan.  I guess the turnout was below expectations.  

1 hour ago, Broken Ankles said:

Against the Islanders.   Don’t remember but Elliotte Friedman wrote about it after the game in Saskatchewan.  I guess the turnout was below expectations.  

If the Sabres left, and the league decided that some weird regular season game would be played here, I wouldn't go.

9 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Attendance was 8, 016, third-lowest of the six games held in 93-94 in the Target Center in Minneapolis (per Wikipedia).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.