Sabres Practice Lines November 6th

Brawndo

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

This is absolutely true.

True in the summer, still true now.

Still think Botterill has the groundwork laid to deal a defenceman, but if the return isn’t at least as good as Johansson, what’s the point?

Edited by dudacek

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

I'm not sure if that's good or not for a second year player; no sarcasm, genuinely don't know

Well the thing you really want to see in most cases is more production. Reinhart would be an exception to this rule as he had already destroyed the WHL in terms of points. 

Cozens did very well last year 84 points in 68 games is really good. Now if we compare that to this year, he is on pace to score 13 more goals, 56more assists and end with 47goals, 60assists 106 assists for 153 points in 68 games. 107 total points compared to 84 points last season. 

1.24ppg

2.25ppg 1.57ppg

That's a massive jump if it holds. I would expect regression of some kind to maybe closer to 1.8ppg for this season but hey, maybe we will finally see a player destroy expectations. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well the thing you really want to see in most cases is more production. Reinhart would be an exception to this rule as he had already destroyed the WHL in terms of points. 

Cozens did very well last year 84 points in 68 games is really good. Now if we compare that to this year, he is on pace to score 13 more goals, 56more assists and end with 47goals, 106 assists for 153 points in 68 games. compared to 84 points last season. 

1.24ppg

2.25ppg

That's a massive jump if it holds. I would expect regression of some kind to maybe closer to 1.8ppg for this season but hey, maybe we will finally see a player destroy expectations. 

big daddy thumbs up GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Cozens did very well last year 84 points in 68 games is really good. Now if we compare that to this year, he is on pace to score 13 more goals, 56more assists and end with 47goals, 106 assists for 153 points in 68 games. compared to 84 points last season. 

1.24ppg

2.25ppg

That math doesn’t add up, but Cozens is doing great.  ??

He is on pace for 106 pts in 68 games, 1.56ppg

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They need something. Looking at this team, I just feel like they are missing a thing in the forwards. 

Sobotka has 3 points after 15 games...is there a top 6 player in the NHL who has less than 3 points having played 10+ games? My instinct is "no, of course not" but i have no way to find those stats

22 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

They need a big, talented power forward that will hang around the net.

Blockbuster with Kings for Kopitar and Toffoli (or Carter)...  Put them out of their misery.   Kings are going nowhere they need to start building for the future.  I have no idea what it would take to get it done or if we have the cap space to afford such a wet dream.  

I think we have the defense to go all in.  We just need the forwards.

Edited by Beer
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.