Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wyldnwoody44

Sweden Logistics, non game talk, and pannies

Recommended Posts

The problem with working around the problem is the price on last minute bookings. It would be another $1k just to get it squared away. It’s basically paying an extra $1k for a ticket.. not worth it.. and frankly, not affordable in my economic playbook.

lufthansa has been offline most of the day, but as I was working my way through a refund, literally waiting on hold for 5 minutes for them to arrange the final details I received text that I was rebooked out of Munich. I’ll get to ARN 3 hours later..but I WILL get there.  She came back from hold to ask for my final confirmation and I was able to save the trip.

now I am sitting in Rochester waiting for my flight to Newark.. which is delayed. But I had time to kill.

hell of a day so far...

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LTS said:

The problem with working around the problem is the price on last minute bookings. It would be another $1k just to get it squared away. It’s basically paying an extra $1k for a ticket.. not worth it.. and frankly, not affordable in my economic playbook.

lufthansa has been offline most of the day, but as I was working my way through a refund, literally waiting on hold for 5 minutes for them to arrange the final details I received text that I was rebooked out of Munich. I’ll get to ARN 3 hours later..but I WILL get there.  She came back from hold to ask for my final confirmation and I was able to save the trip.

now I am sitting in Rochester waiting for my flight to Newark.. which is delayed. But I had time to kill.

hell of a day so far...

It will be worth the pain and agony. Brother in law married a Swede and they are in Gavle. We always have a great time when we visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LTSawesome news.

 

I'm currently still in an awestruck state of life, from the amazing aurora I just watched for several hours. A pure 10/10 and unexpected solar flare. Never trust the apps/kp meters and etc, going on a real chase was the way to do it, and this blew any other encounter I've had out of the water. 

 

I'll post pics when I get home 🙂

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patiently waiting in Newark. The next stop is Munich.. my 5 hour layover there will be full of bier. I’d still like to make the Athletic meet up.. I figure I’ll saunter in fashionably late after getting to Arlanda at 5:30 pm.  Bags, customs... travel not on the express... but still , In the hotel, then out of the hotel.. and let it begin.

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LTS said:

Patiently waiting in Newark. The next stop is Munich.. my 5 hour layover there will be full of bier. I’d still like to make the Athletic meet up.. I figure I’ll saunter in fashionably late after getting to Arlanda at 5:30 pm.  Bags, customs... travel not on the express... but still , In the hotel, then out of the hotel.. and let it begin.

 

I really, really want you to get there.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LTS said:

Patiently waiting in Newark. The next stop is Munich.. my 5 hour layover there will be full of bier. I’d still like to make the Athletic meet up.. I figure I’ll saunter in fashionably late after getting to Arlanda at 5:30 pm.  Bags, customs... travel not on the express... but still , In the hotel, then out of the hotel.. and let it begin.

 

Good luck! I heard Lufhansa is on strike for the next 48 hours. Hope that doesn’t effect you, not sure which airline your supposed to take from Munich to Stockholm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

So that's what Sam Reinhardt would look like with long hair. 

I could only wish 😂😂

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eleven said:

I really, really want you to get there.

Oh.. I’m getting there. In Munich right now.

4 hours ago, Reino23 said:

Good luck! I heard Lufhansa is on strike for the next 48 hours. Hope that doesn’t effect you, not sure which airline your supposed to take from Munich to Stockholm. 

Lufthansa... but they have some flights going. I’m getting in later tonight, but I’m getting in. So even if today is a wash, the rest of trip is not.

Even making the best of the layover.

E1893041-16ED-401D-8854-0083846740F9.jpeg

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LTS said:

Oh.. I’m getting there. In Munich right now.

Lufthansa... but they have some flights going. I’m getting in later tonight, but I’m getting in. So even if today is a wash, the rest of trip is not.

Even making the best of the layover.

E1893041-16ED-401D-8854-0083846740F9.jpeg

They could at least put some meat in that sammich!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... we’ll the beer was good. Sadly my flight was canceled so now I am stuck in Munich and likely to have my flight tomorrow canceled as well.

lufthansa put me up in a hotel room that makes my college dorm look like the Waldorf.

all in all... I’m pretty much ready to bite the bullet and fly back home.  Which is what I’ll be doing if my flight tomorrow morning gets canceled.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LTS said:

Yeah... we’ll the beer was good. Sadly my flight was canceled so now I am stuck in Munich and likely to have my flight tomorrow canceled as well.

lufthansa put me up in a hotel room that makes my college dorm look like the Waldorf.

all in all... I’m pretty much ready to bite the bullet and fly back home.  Which is what I’ll be doing if my flight tomorrow morning gets canceled.

No way!!!! Get aggressive or something.... Why would they fly you to Munich knowing they wouldn't get you anywhere else, doesn't make sense. 

Or make them pay for a train and flights home, idk this sucks to hear 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eleven said:

I really, really want you to get there.

Right!? I feel like I'm watching a movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m done. My flight tomorrow was cancelled. A train is 18 hours. There are no flights that I can find that get me there. 
 

i’m trying to get creative with anything I can at this point. It’s painful dealing with Lufthansa. 
 

It’ll take a serious miracle to get this to pull through. Right now it looks like I won’t see the game, in person or on TV. What a kick in the ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LTS said:

I’m done. My flight tomorrow was cancelled. A train is 18 hours. There are no flights that I can find that get me there. 
 

i’m trying to get creative with anything I can at this point. It’s painful dealing with Lufthansa. 
 

It’ll take a serious miracle to get this to pull through. Right now it looks like I won’t see the game, in person or on TV. What a kick in the ass.

Wow, what a nightmare. Sounds like a total cluster *****. My daughter flew from L.A. to Germany, via Poland, and had no problems at all, other than a long layover. What the hell is going on over there? Sounds like Planes, Trains and Automoblies with a crappy ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lufthansa cabin crew went on strike.  That’s the short of it. The long of it is that Lufthansa sucks at dealing with their issues. I just called them and I can’t even wait on hold. I’m told to call back later. It’s a joke. They are a joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, LTS said:

I’m done. My flight tomorrow was cancelled. A train is 18 hours. There are no flights that I can find that get me there. 
 

i’m trying to get creative with anything I can at this point. It’s painful dealing with Lufthansa. 
 

It’ll take a serious miracle to get this to pull through. Right now it looks like I won’t see the game, in person or on TV. What a kick in the ass.

Come on man, you can do this!  Ride the train!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t get to the train. Called Lufthansa customer service and the automated response is.. we’re busy because of the strike, call back later.

it’s like 101 on how to NOT treat a customer. The hotel/prison I am in is all displaced Lufthansa people.. it’s insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LTS said:

Lufthansa cabin crew went on strike.  That’s the short of it. The long of it is that Lufthansa sucks at dealing with their issues. I just called them and I can’t even wait on hold. I’m told to call back later. It’s a joke. They are a joke. 

Show some leg and start hitchhiking, man.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LTS said:

I can’t get to the train. Called Lufthansa customer service and the automated response is.. we’re busy because of the strike, call back later.

it’s like 101 on how to NOT treat a customer. The hotel/prison I am in is all displaced Lufthansa people.. it’s insane.

How about train/other means to Frankfurt or Stuttgart and then cheap quick flight from there? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting mad and I'm not even the person in the situation.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...