Sweden Logistics, non game talk, and pannies

Wyldnwoody44

12 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

How about train/other means to Frankfurt or Stuttgart and then cheap quick flight from there? 

The problem, of course, is paying for all of that when I don’t have unlimited funds. I need to work within the confines of their system or they can just argue that I didn’t do what they asked and then charge me full value.

ijust want to talk to someone and that’s apparently not possible.

3 hours ago, LTS said:

The problem, of course, is paying for all of that when I don’t have unlimited funds. I need to work within the confines of their system or they can just argue that I didn’t do what they asked and then charge me full value.

ijust want to talk to someone and that’s apparently not possible.

Ryanair man, do it.

If @LTS doesn't make it to Sweden and unfortunately has to head back home, I would hope he could somehow get his story to the Sabres PR dept. Let them know how he got screwed out of his hard earned income, because of a logistics nightmare, while he was trying to go and support the team overseas. Throw the guy a free suite for a weekend game or something similar. What he has had to endure just to try and go have a good time in Europe, and watch some hockey, is beyond ridiculous. I would be livid.

Miracles occurred. I was rebooked early this morning and am waiting for the Express train now. My luggage is in Copenhagen but should be at the hotel in a few hours.

I appreciate the support and offers everyone. I look forward to our meet up at 3 today.

Hallelujah... I'm here. Need to rest a bit though, Did not sleep well last night. 

More to come!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, LTS said:

Miracles occurred. I was rebooked early this morning and am waiting for the Express train now. My luggage is in Copenhagen but should be at the hotel in a few hours.

I appreciate the support and offers everyone. I look forward to our meet up at 3 today.

Hallelujah... I'm here. Need to rest a bit though, Did not sleep well last night. 

More to come!

YEEEES!!! SING HALELULJAAAA

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

The meetup is at 5 swedish time, 3 hours before the game btw ?

but we can have a miracle beer before that close to the restaurant if u want because the restaurant opens same time as our reservation

Can you post the address again?  That gives me plenty of time to get my luggage..and change. I’ll be in the neighborhood.. I think it’s a quick walk from my hotel.

Sadly, no luggage. So no 50th anniversary Sabres sweater. Oh well. 

about to head out in the general direction of the restaurant.

Helenes Krog and Bar?

Sankt Eriksgatan 87, 113 32 Stockholm

hope that’s right.

5 minutes ago, LTS said:

Sadly, no luggage. So no 50th anniversary Sabres sweater. Oh well. 

about to head out in the general direction of the restaurant.

Helenes Krog and Bar?

Sankt Eriksgatan 87, 113 32 Stockholm

hope that’s right.

Probably the best guess. Everything MODO posted in the other thread was like...half right lol

• Haha (+1) 2

Enjoyed some delicious Swedish meatballs for lunch with lingonberry, then went to a nice Cafe, had some Chai tea and beer, met some locals who wanted to talk sabres with me and were genuinely excited to speak with a local Buffalonian ?

Apparently a bunch of people here were waiting outside the players hotel and took pics, sadly I missed it. 

Lastly, a tonnnn of TBL fans here ?

21 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Enjoyed some delicious Swedish meatballs for lunch with lingonberry, then went to a nice Cafe, had some Chai tea and beer, met some locals who wanted to talk sabres with me and were genuinely excited to speak with a local Buffalonian ?

Apparently a bunch of people here were waiting outside the players hotel and took pics, sadly I missed it. 

Lastly, a tonnnn of TBL fans here ?

I’ve seen a ton of Tampa fans too. 

26 minutes ago, Reino23 said:

Also modo casually says we’ll get beers before 5pm when the place opens but doesn’t say where... haha

Pub Stringfellows straight north of Helenes looks okay. Or you could head south down to Rorstrandsgatan and take a right down to Bagpipers, about a 5 minute walk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.