Sweden Logistics, non game talk, and pannies

Wyldnwoody44

The problem with working around the problem is the price on last minute bookings. It would be another $1k just to get it squared away. It’s basically paying an extra $1k for a ticket.. not worth it.. and frankly, not affordable in my economic playbook.

lufthansa has been offline most of the day, but as I was working my way through a refund, literally waiting on hold for 5 minutes for them to arrange the final details I received text that I was rebooked out of Munich. I’ll get to ARN 3 hours later..but I WILL get there.  She came back from hold to ask for my final confirmation and I was able to save the trip.

now I am sitting in Rochester waiting for my flight to Newark.. which is delayed. But I had time to kill.

hell of a day so far...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LTS said:

The problem with working around the problem is the price on last minute bookings. It would be another $1k just to get it squared away. It’s basically paying an extra $1k for a ticket.. not worth it.. and frankly, not affordable in my economic playbook.

lufthansa has been offline most of the day, but as I was working my way through a refund, literally waiting on hold for 5 minutes for them to arrange the final details I received text that I was rebooked out of Munich. I’ll get to ARN 3 hours later..but I WILL get there.  She came back from hold to ask for my final confirmation and I was able to save the trip.

now I am sitting in Rochester waiting for my flight to Newark.. which is delayed. But I had time to kill.

hell of a day so far...

It will be worth the pain and agony. Brother in law married a Swede and they are in Gavle. We always have a great time when we visit. 

@LTSawesome news.

I'm currently still in an awestruck state of life, from the amazing aurora I just watched for several hours. A pure 10/10 and unexpected solar flare. Never trust the apps/kp meters and etc, going on a real chase was the way to do it, and this blew any other encounter I've had out of the water. 

I'll post pics when I get home ?

• Like (+1) 1

Patiently waiting in Newark. The next stop is Munich.. my 5 hour layover there will be full of bier. I’d still like to make the Athletic meet up.. I figure I’ll saunter in fashionably late after getting to Arlanda at 5:30 pm.  Bags, customs... travel not on the express... but still , In the hotel, then out of the hotel.. and let it begin.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, LTS said:

Patiently waiting in Newark. The next stop is Munich.. my 5 hour layover there will be full of bier. I’d still like to make the Athletic meet up.. I figure I’ll saunter in fashionably late after getting to Arlanda at 5:30 pm.  Bags, customs... travel not on the express... but still , In the hotel, then out of the hotel.. and let it begin.

I really, really want you to get there.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, LTS said:

Good luck! I heard Lufhansa is on strike for the next 48 hours. Hope that doesn’t effect you, not sure which airline your supposed to take from Munich to Stockholm. 

7 hours ago, Eleven said:

I really, really want you to get there.

Oh.. I’m getting there. In Munich right now.

4 hours ago, Reino23 said:

Good luck! I heard Lufhansa is on strike for the next 48 hours. Hope that doesn’t effect you, not sure which airline your supposed to take from Munich to Stockholm. 

Lufthansa... but they have some flights going. I’m getting in later tonight, but I’m getting in. So even if today is a wash, the rest of trip is not.

Even making the best of the layover.

E1893041-16ED-401D-8854-0083846740F9.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Oh.. I’m getting there. In Munich right now.

Lufthansa... but they have some flights going. I’m getting in later tonight, but I’m getting in. So even if today is a wash, the rest of trip is not.

Even making the best of the layover.

E1893041-16ED-401D-8854-0083846740F9.jpeg

They could at least put some meat in that sammich!

Yeah... we’ll the beer was good. Sadly my flight was canceled so now I am stuck in Munich and likely to have my flight tomorrow canceled as well.

lufthansa put me up in a hotel room that makes my college dorm look like the Waldorf.

all in all... I’m pretty much ready to bite the bullet and fly back home.  Which is what I’ll be doing if my flight tomorrow morning gets canceled.

• Sad 3

31 minutes ago, LTS said:

Yeah... we’ll the beer was good. Sadly my flight was canceled so now I am stuck in Munich and likely to have my flight tomorrow canceled as well.

lufthansa put me up in a hotel room that makes my college dorm look like the Waldorf.

all in all... I’m pretty much ready to bite the bullet and fly back home.  Which is what I’ll be doing if my flight tomorrow morning gets canceled.

No way!!!! Get aggressive or something.... Why would they fly you to Munich knowing they wouldn't get you anywhere else, doesn't make sense. 

Or make them pay for a train and flights home, idk this sucks to hear 

I’m done. My flight tomorrow was cancelled. A train is 18 hours. There are no flights that I can find that get me there. 

i’m trying to get creative with anything I can at this point. It’s painful dealing with Lufthansa. 

It’ll take a serious miracle to get this to pull through. Right now it looks like I won’t see the game, in person or on TV. What a kick in the ass.

7 minutes ago, LTS said:

I’m done. My flight tomorrow was cancelled. A train is 18 hours. There are no flights that I can find that get me there. 

i’m trying to get creative with anything I can at this point. It’s painful dealing with Lufthansa. 

It’ll take a serious miracle to get this to pull through. Right now it looks like I won’t see the game, in person or on TV. What a kick in the ass.

Wow, what a nightmare. Sounds like a total cluster *****. My daughter flew from L.A. to Germany, via Poland, and had no problems at all, other than a long layover. What the hell is going on over there? Sounds like Planes, Trains and Automoblies with a crappy ending.

Lufthansa cabin crew went on strike.  That’s the short of it. The long of it is that Lufthansa sucks at dealing with their issues. I just called them and I can’t even wait on hold. I’m told to call back later. It’s a joke. They are a joke. 

33 minutes ago, LTS said:

Come on man, you can do this!  Ride the train!

I can’t get to the train. Called Lufthansa customer service and the automated response is.. we’re busy because of the strike, call back later.

it’s like 101 on how to NOT treat a customer. The hotel/prison I am in is all displaced Lufthansa people.. it’s insane.

17 minutes ago, LTS said:

Lufthansa cabin crew went on strike.  That’s the short of it. The long of it is that Lufthansa sucks at dealing with their issues. I just called them and I can’t even wait on hold. I’m told to call back later. It’s a joke. They are a joke. 

Show some leg and start hitchhiking, man.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, LTS said:

I can’t get to the train. Called Lufthansa customer service and the automated response is.. we’re busy because of the strike, call back later.

it’s like 101 on how to NOT treat a customer. The hotel/prison I am in is all displaced Lufthansa people.. it’s insane.

How about train/other means to Frankfurt or Stuttgart and then cheap quick flight from there? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.