Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Wyldnwoody44

Sweden Logistics, non game talk, and pannies

Recommended Posts

Per PA's (reasonable) request. 

 

Let's leave the other thread for sabres stuff and etc and this for, pics, transport, etc etc... 

Mods, feel free to move any appropriate content here :)

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll finalize my logistics tomorrow morning I think.  It's looking a lot like the public transportation option from the airport since I'll be paying for the 7 day pass anyway. @steveoathkind of talked me into it, despite the transfer fee.  The express is just too much.

I'm still up in the air what to do on Sat-Tues.  I'm heavily leaning on Malmo on the 10th for the St. Martin Goose Festival.. who knows.

O'Leary's at 7:30pm on the 7th.

MODO has his arrangement on the 8th.  I'd have to go look it up at this point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll add, the subway stations in Stockholm are masterpieces of art, I suggest taking a trip underneath the ground and check out the 14 major ones. 

https://www.visitstockholm.com/art-in-the-subway/stations/

 

Drottingholm palace looks cool. 

Sigtuna: the first town in Sweden. 

I have limited time in the area since I'm jetsetting to Denmark for a bit. 

 

P. S. This Is a man who is whooped 😂😂

received_2553027731585549.jpeg

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'll add, the subway stations in Stockholm are masterpieces of art, I suggest taking a trip underneath the ground and check out the 14 major ones. 

https://www.visitstockholm.com/art-in-the-subway/stations/

 

Drottingholm palace looks cool. 

Sigtuna: the first town in Sweden. 

I have limited time in the area since I'm jetsetting to Denmark for a bit. 

 

P. S. This Is a man who is whooped 😂😂

👆 This. Sigtuna is real nice, we stayed there last year for a week. I would also recommend Uppsala for those venturing out. The museum at the university is great, especially if you have jnrs with you. 

Underground stations are cool. My favourite is the one that looks like an old school video game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently in Tromso, saw the aurora last night, not the craziest display but it was dancing about. Much snow up here and Temps around 8 F. I'm spending a few more days in the arctic circle before Stockholm. Sunrise at 9am, sunset at 2pm. Feels like home 😂😂 I'll post some of the aurora pics later 

20191103_154509.jpg

received_2553325714722517.jpeg

20191103_164520.jpg

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jealous. Awesome sounding trips! Have a blast and say hi to all our Euro Sabres fans. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna do my best to get a Uppsala/Sigtuna trip in.  Shouldn't be hard.  I had contemplated Malmo but 4 hours out and back might make it impossible to pull off.

I might just head out the Archipelegos and see what i can see.

It's so close now.. the excitement.. it's real.

I did add a whatsapp account, so if anyone wants it, just PM me.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone needs to visit the MODO pad ...  which appeared to be awesome.

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LTS said:

I'm gonna do my best to get a Uppsala/Sigtuna trip in.  Shouldn't be hard.  I had contemplated Malmo but 4 hours out and back might make it impossible to pull off.

I might just head out the Archipelegos and see what i can see.

It's so close now.. the excitement.. it's real.

I did add a whatsapp account, so if anyone wants it, just PM me.

Do not visit Malmo ever unless you have to. It is a very broken city, bagdad basicly, bombs and rapes and shootings all day long.

If you wanna see Sweden as it should be seen, you need to visit the northern parts. Unfortunatly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random question from an ignorant American, how close is are the Swedish and Finnish languages? I am curious how easy it would be for Dahlin to understand Jokiharju if he just started going off in Finnish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Do not visit Malmo ever unless you have to. It is a very broken city, bagdad basicly, bombs and rapes and shootings all day long.

If you wanna see Sweden as it should be seen, you need to visit the northern parts. Unfortunatly.

Lay it on me tour guide!

I'm not going to Malmo, so we're good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Random question from an ignorant American, how close is are the Swedish and Finnish languages? I am curious how easy it would be for Dahlin to understand Jokiharju if he just started going off in Finnish. 

They're basically completely unrelated.  Finnish has more in common with Hungarian than it does with any of the Nordic languages.  Some loanwords may have crossed the border in either direction, but that would be about it.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's getting real... packing up the suitcase tonight.  Tomorrow is going to be a long.. day?

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.. *****.

Lufthansa just canceled all flights in Germany due to a strike.  Wonderful.  Now to try and figure out a resolution here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LTS said:

Well.. *****.

Lufthansa just canceled all flights in Germany due to a strike.  Wonderful.  Now to try and figure out a resolution here.

Are you in Europe? Can you train it to somewhere else and fly in from there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I am still in Rochester.  I was supposed to leave in 2 hours.  Right now it's not looking good.  Sitting on hold most of the time to get a run around...

We'll see how all this plays out.

Train from Munich to Stockholm was like 18 hours.. 🙂  I looked.  The flights are expensive too.  Tacking on more money, just to get there, really ruins the economics of the trip.  Better cutting my losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh Noooo, how about Iceland air, layover in Reykjavik and then to Stockholm? 

Pop onto Google flights and see what it comes up with, it's the way I usually go 

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving me some Northern Norway.... North of Tromso in the Lyngen Alps, went to the Northern most distillery in the world, had some tasting, unique stuff.... Then spend the day driving around the mountains and LOVING the views! 

20191106_130559.jpg

20191106_125052.jpg

20191106_085536.jpg

20191106_124448.jpg

20191106_112358.jpg

20191106_131314.jpg

20191106_125422.jpg

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...