GDT: Islanders at Sabres, Sat. 11/2/19, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

Just now, Pimlach said:

Eichel carrier that all the way in with no one with him.   Why not drive the nut and shoot.  Like Gil did. 

Jack doesn't drive the net straight on, I dunno why, he's never done it. I honestly don't think his shooting instincts are very good. The actual dynamics of his shot are all-world, and he hasn't scored 30 goals, I think that's telling. 

It doesn't have to be a negative, I've always said his strength is clearly playmaking. It's fine because he can shoot for rebounds quite well, it's why Skinner on his line worked SO well, cause that's Skinner's game, too.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

That shift right there was example 1A of the static perimeter-to-point play that will be this team's identity until more players are capable (skilled) and confident (coached) enough to change it. 

It's the type of player, too. It'll never be Jack's game as he's as talented as they come. 

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Jack doesn't drive the net straight on, I dunno why, he's never done it. I honestly don't think his shooting instincts are very good. The actual dynamics of his shot are all-world, and he hasn't scored 30 goals, I think that's telling. 

It doesn't have to be a negative, I've always said his strength is clearly playmaking. It's fine because he can shoot for rebounds quite well, it's why Skinner on his line worked SO well, cause that's Skinner's game, too.

It's the type of player, too. It'll never be Jack's game as he's as talented as they come. 

What's fun about Jack is that he's basically winging it every single time - there's never any calculation that you see from guys like Bergeron or Matthews in the offensive zone. He just charges in, making stuff up as he goes, and it works because of his stupid skill level 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.