GDT: 11/1/19 Buffalo at Washington, 7:00 pm ET, MSG, NHL & WGR 550

That Aud Smell

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't really have the words to describe it properly, but the level at which teams like the Caps transition is something the Sabres are far, far away from.

You can tell that Johansson has experience with it, and that he's the only Sabre to have it 

We had it in spades for the first two games. And the Montreal game. But it’s slowly leaked out of our game.

I was hopeful the break this week might give us a chance to reset. Instead it’s just reinforced the slide.

8 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We had it in spades for the first two games. And the Montreal game. But it’s slowly leaked out of our game.

I was hopeful the break this week might give us a chance to reset. Instead it’s just reinforced the slide.

I don't think we did. We were good in other aspects of the game, and better transitioning than we are now. But I have no memory of any Sabre team I've ever seen (reliable only back to ~2011) capable of doing what the Caps have normalized as far as moving up the ice with the puck goes

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't think we did. We were good in other aspects of the game, and better transitioning than we are now. But I have no memory of any Sabre team I've ever seen (reliable only back to ~2011) capable of doing what the Caps have normalized as far as moving up the ice with the puck goes

Welcome back.  Sorry you had to come back to this.  Somewhere, someone ought to be ashamed.

That's the kind of crap that makes me question my sanity in paying for an NHL tv package to see the Sabres.

They blew us out in the first half a period and then coasted to an easy win. Doubt any of them even broke a sweat. Absolute rubbish and now I am no longer sure Kruger has any magic at all. Where'd the work ethic go? Where's the leadership? This is a quick return to the quitting Sabres and makes one wonder if the "culture" can ever be really changed here.

I hope for a surprising bounce back tomorrow, but if it's more of the same........

4 on 1 ...... I've been watching hockey for over 45 years and although I'm sure I've seen one sometime somewhere I can't remember one, and definitely not one so clearly 4 on 1. Embarrassing to say the least. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.