GDT: 11/1/19 Buffalo at Washington, 7:00 pm ET, MSG, NHL & WGR 550

That Aud Smell

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I think tomorrow I’d slide Victor into ERod’s spot and try Vesey with Jack and Sam.

And Montour for Gilmour. Even though John doesn’t really deserve to come out, it’s the best thing for the team long-term. Maybe Montour can settle Dahlin down?

I know what you mean but to me it seems like we need someone to fire Dahlin up.  I'm sure he cares, but it doesn't appear that he does.  Maybe it's his upright skating style, but the aggression, passion and grit necessary to play effectively doesn't show though.  I'd like to see him play angry.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Tondas said:

I know what you mean but to me it seems like we need someone to fire Dahlin up.  I'm sure he cares, but it doesn't appear that he does.  Maybe it's his upright skating style, but the aggression, passion and grit necessary to play effectively doesn't show though.  I'd like to see him play angry.

I think what you are seeing is uncertainty and indecision, not lack of care. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Respectfully, I don't think laziness is an issue, at all. 

He looks like his confidence is shot in the defensive end. 

That was the kind of play that usually doesn't result in a goal (like most point shots), happens often (wacky deflections leading to awkward stick positioning and thus a fan on a pass/clear, as Kyle kinda killed that puck in a bad spot too) and gets completely ignored unless everyone is already hyperfocused on the player, then it becomes a symbol of his continued struggles

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

That was the kind of play that usually doesn't result in a goal (like most point shots), happens often (wacky deflections leading to awkward stick positioning and thus a fan on a pass/clear, as Kyle kinda killed that puck in a bad spot too) and gets completely ignored unless everyone is already hyperfocused on the player, then it becomes a symbol of his continued struggles

Totally. It's a difficult position to argue from but it honestly seems that while, yes, he's making a lot of mistakes, it's somehow still being exaggerated.

He is making enough glaring errors that I don't want to pile on him for things that really aren't that big of a deal usually. 

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

If he is still poor defensively in two years, then I’ll get worried 

Honestly our team is very young and very incomplete.  Unfortunately we are still years away yet from being a top 10 team.  Getting Cozens next year will help.  Another seasoned top 6 will help.  Defense very young and we need UPL to become a franchise goalie.  

Edited by Gatorman0519

4 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Dahlin is 19 and very skilled.  NHL defenseman usually take until 24-25 to truly become seasoned. A long way to go yet. 

Sure, and he's going to make mistakes while he gains experience.  Management has to balance his development with the needs of the team, though.  They also owe it to the rest of the team to manage his ice time when he's struggling. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Honestly our team is very young and very incomplete.  Unfortunately we are still years away yet from being a top 10 team.  Getting Cozens next year will help.  Another seasoned tip 6 will help.  Defense very young and we need UPL to become a franchise goalie.  

Do not expect Cozens to be an impact player next year. He will be a 3rd liner 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.