GDT: 11/1/19 Buffalo at Washington, 7:00 pm ET, MSG, NHL & WGR 550

That Aud Smell

First Period:

The good news is that I was able to finally get NHL.TV to work using my laptop casting to my TV (not thru the app).

The bad news is that I was able to finally get NHL.TV to work using my laptop casting to my TV (not thru the app).

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No. @dudaceksaid it best. He's the same player as last year with more offence. But the fandom has decided he now sucks. 

This place is unbearable in the GDTs right now. Ciao. 

Dude, people have different opinions, deal. Some us may know a few things and have more experience evaluating. Chill you might learn something.

Your know it all attitude will hold you back.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'm not comparing turnovers. I wasn't even the one who commented on Dahlin's play. I am genuinely curious if he knows not to make that play. 

For the record.  I'm not the one calling for him to go to the minors. My only question about Dahlin was whether or not what we see is the finished product.  Is he always going to be a high risk, high reward player. I'm still learning toward yes. 

No you've made it some personal vendetta to string me upa flag pole for everyone's comments on Dahlin. I had made a choice to not comment on his play anymore as you seem to critisize any thing I say. 

Not only am I not going to mention him ever again. I'm not going to respond to anyone's posts about him either. No emojis, no quoting posts with his name. Nada.  Take your crusade elsewhere. 

I've quoted like 3 different people in this thread re: Dahlin, dude. Crusade or not, I'm harding singling you out. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cheektorado said:

It was a horrible period but the guys are at least still pushing.

This could be a 4-2 or 4-3 game if they had some shots inches different.

If I got my memory right that is 6 posts in the ARZ Overtime and the 1st Period tonight.

Let's get some net and not metal guys!

What's that saying? The posts are part of a goalies equipment.

I was watching this during dinner. Afterwards my wife said “go ahead and watch the game, I’ll clean up”.  Instead I cleaned up the dishes and the entire kitchen.   I can’t procrastinate any longer, now in my favorite chair ready to watch. 

WE WANT 1!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

Not for nothing, but I work from an office in my home.  So, my 'commute' is about 10 steps.

That’s convenient. Seriously though. We wouldn’t have daylight until 8-8:30am toward the equinox. I’m in the opposite side of the argument. I’d love an end to savings time. It would be nice to have it dark before bedtime in the summer.

• Like (+1) 1

The blind passes have to stop, it's costing them.

McCabe leaving his position in front of the net left that guy wide open.

Dahlin on 2 goals, oof, got owned.

Ullmark on that first goal.

Players have bad games, it happens, but there is some very real "tells" in these Sabres game. For example,

They have a real problem loosing puck battles and they aren't nearly as physical as their opponents, teams are catching on to this quickly. Since they can't appear to stick handle or dangle, or pass their way out of those situations, opponents take advantage. Whether that's player puck support or just inexperience remains to be seen, but right now, that's a problem.

Lack of net front presence that dominates with consistency both in the offensive as well as the defensive zone. It's an issue.

If you notice, the Sabres don't use actual player cycling movement very often, they are often standing around, and it shows.

There is a lot of work to do yet for the coaching staff, just some of my takes on what I am seeing game in and game out, even in the wins.

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

That’s convenient. Seriously though. We wouldn’t have daylight until 8-8:30am toward the equinox. I’m in the opposite side of the argument. I’d love an end to savings time. It would be nice to have it dark before bedtime in the summer.

I would take that too.  I just want the change eliminated.  I hate it and it makes no sense now.  It never really did.

The Germans started it in WWI and then they saw that it was not working, so they decided to bomb Pearl Harbor instead.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.