Halloween 2019

PASabreFan

On 10/31/2019 at 8:20 PM, Derrico said:

I think its an excellent 'holiday'.  My boys start talking about decorating the house for halloween shortly after Labor Day.  Disappointed to see slightly dwindling numbers.  Again, I think the weather is playing a roll around my neighborhood tonight.  

My complaint is you see less and less classic candy out there.  This year we got zero: whoppers, buttercups, butterfingers, nerds, tutsi-rolls or those individually wrapped carmels I love.  I think probably 25% of the entire haul is exclusively regular chips and Kit Kats.  #firstworldproblems

Were they the right side or the left side? I prefer the right side myself.

We had 121 kids at the door this year. The first year in this house 9 years ago we had 250. We are in the old city quarter with the character homes that are quite close together so you see families drive into the neighbourhood , park and make the rounds. I suppose its easier to get a large haul quickly .  But yeah the numbers have dwindled steadily over the years.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, Weave said:

I may be the only person on earth that likes candy corn.

No; that stuff is awesome in moderation.  Any more than five-ish at a time, though, and my teeth start to hurt.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:02 AM, steveoath said:

We need more Brits on this thread. I have no idea what sweets/chocolate you're all talking about.

We need Marathons, Wham! Bars, Parma violets and the good ole McCowans Highland toffee - guaranteed to pull out any loose teeth!

I think we call some of those "old lady candies" here in North America.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.