Halloween 2019

PASabreFan

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I feel like, from my narrow world view, that fewer kids are going door to door, yet more houses are decorated for the "holiday" — perhaps even approaching the number of houses decorated for Christmas. Both big changes from the turn of the century.

I've probably given out 60 or so pieces of candy tonight. Crowd was a little thin but I've seen worse years in the 6 that I've been in this house. We're fully decorated. I think only about 3 houses on my street are decorated and maybe 1 or 2 more are giving out candy. Less than half.

I think its an excellent 'holiday'.  My boys start talking about decorating the house for halloween shortly after Labor Day.  Disappointed to see slightly dwindling numbers.  Again, I think the weather is playing a roll around my neighborhood tonight.  

My complaint is you see less and less classic candy out there.  This year we got zero: whoppers, buttercups, butterfingers, nerds, tutsi-rolls or those individually wrapped carmels I love.  I think probably 25% of the entire haul is exclusively regular chips and Kit Kats.  #firstworldproblems

12 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I feel like, from my narrow world view, that fewer kids are going door to door, yet more houses are decorated for the "holiday" — perhaps even approaching the number of houses decorated for Christmas. Both big changes from the turn of the century.

The weather sucked here (Rochester) during the day and wasn't exactly great by the time we went out, so a lot of people decided to stay in.  It was nice having less traffic (both cars and people) to deal with, and everyone was giving out handfuls of candy, instead of one or two pieces.  My little one's bucket was filled to the very top.

The past few years were crazy with the amount of kids, so I wouldn't say that it was a trend.  It just seems that rain is a bigger deterrent than cold.

As for decorating, the stores have followed demand by offering more an more Halloween-specific decorations.  Orange and purple string lights weren't really a thing before, but now it's catching up with Christmas.

12 hours ago, Derrico said:

I think its an excellent 'holiday'.  My boys start talking about decorating the house for halloween shortly after Labor Day.  Disappointed to see slightly dwindling numbers.  Again, I think the weather is playing a roll around my neighborhood tonight.  

My complaint is you see less and less classic candy out there.  This year we got zero: whoppers, buttercups, butterfingers, nerds, tutsi-rolls or those individually wrapped carmels I love.  I think probably 25% of the entire haul is exclusively regular chips and Kit Kats.  #firstworldproblems

I mean, if you were going to make a candy power ranking, Kit Kat is top 5!

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Derrico said:

It's hard to find certain candies in the stores anymore.  Chocolate is cheap right now from oversupply in 2016, so the candy companies are pushing the stock out en masse.  It's annoying.  Can't even find a bag of just sugar candies (nerds!) anymore.

image.thumb.png.1bb6a7eb3581995eb43adbc519fa1535.png

• Like (+1) 1

Weird, but it was the first time ever the four of us spent Halloween at home as a family.

When the kids were small, one of us was taking them out trick or treating while the other manned the candy jar, then when they got older they were out making their own fun or working.

Oldest popped in and ended up staying, youngest unexpectedly finished work early. Munched candy, answered the door bell and sat around and talked and laughed.

• Like (+1) 2

Our company is having problems and us creatives turned our little room into a haunted house. It was a nice morale boost. 

And then my boss at the aerial studio somehow managed to do stuff in her costume... I didn't get home until 10 (as usual for Tuesdays and Thursdays) so I missed trick or treaters, but glad we got some spooky silliness in. 

72727082_10215842901131934_9033494260002848768_o.jpg

74410616_10157300952857795_8238466594850734080_n.jpg

75478544_10157300952702795_4663933041452777472_n.jpg

75278342_10215845992329212_8789797411900882944_n.jpg

36 minutes ago, shrader said:

What on earth is going on in that second picture?  It kind of looks like dino sex, but then there's also one person in the middle and one getting crushed.  I guess everyone has their own thing.

lol it's acro- aka people stacking/balancing. She's balancing on his feet. 

There was another picture I took where they were starting to get into position and it was totally dino sex 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.