Sabres Practice Lines 10/30

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So does this mean Joki/Miller?

In practice, or in games?  Maybe Montour is not game ready yet?  Could he be sent down on a conditioning stint?  Next game is Friday, right?  Two days?

This is just like a press conference, but I want answers.  Right, @PASabreFan?

20 hours ago, Brawndo said:

benedict cumberbatch sherlock GIF

You know why?  Because Montour is ***** good.  Those CF% happened while the team crashed and burned.  If Montour was putting up those numbers on a team in a complete tailspin I can't wait to see what he can do on a team playing a much better game with a much better coach.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Montour is good, better than a lot of people remember.

He is also a bit of a freelancer who, despite his obvious talent, didn’t show great chemistry with his teammates (they looked unprepared to take advantage of the new element he brought to the attack) in his brief Sabre stint. 

I’m hoping his skill set is tailor-made for Ralph’s system and he slides in smoothly, but it would not surprise me if he has some bumps adjusting.

He was dropped onto a sinking ship in the spring and missed much of the chrysalis this team went through in September and October, not to mention the frustration he must be feeling from back-to-back injuries.

I hope he’s not feeling like an outsider, or that his presence disrupts the chemistry of the six who have carried the load so far.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I hope he’s not feeling like an outsider, or that his presence disrupts the chemistry of the six who have carried the load so far.

Scandy was playing okay, but I like to think Montour will be a clear upgrade.  (Nothing against Gilmour or his play, but he's been a placeholder for Scandella due to the injury.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.