GDT: 10/28/19 Arizona at Buffalo, 7pm ET, MSG, NHL and WGR550

jsb

Nice OP @jsb!

Blows my mind we made it through the weekend still being number one in the league.  The 'Yotes will give Buffalo a legit test tonight. Haven't watched them, yet, this season to see what kind of game they're playing, so I have no idea if wanting to see Borgen in the lineup is warranted, but I would like to see Borgen in the lineup.

The Sabres need to win tonight.  November’s schedule is brutal.  5 sets of back to back games, including the trip to Sweden.  

First 5 games are against @caps, NYI, TB, TB and Car. Then we get a “break” with Ott, at Chi and Minn.  The last six are also brutal.  3 on the road against Bos, Fla and TB, followed by  Clg at home and finishing with back to back with Tor.

If this team can walk away from November with 7 wins we should be thrilled.  Banking points tonight against another upstart team is crucial.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They need to beat Arizona. No reason to not take their game to an Arizona team that I think is very beatable and lacks a game breaker. I expect a bounce back from Dahlin who has looked pretty mediocre for most of October. 

What would he be bouncing back from? The season started in October and he made the same mistakes more frequently last year.  I'm trying to recall how he looked in the first few games, but all I remember is people complaining about him.  

42 minutes ago, ... said:

What would he be bouncing back from? The season started in October and he made the same mistakes more frequently last year.  I'm trying to recall how he looked in the first few games, but all I remember is people complaining about him.  

His mediocre 5v5 play for much of the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Heard they've been in town for three nights, sitting around all day Sat, Sun, Mon in hotel?  No fun. I expect them come out hot and cranky. 

Why didn't they visit the falls or something? 

The Yotes are rested but probably looking forward to going home. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.