GDT: 10/28/19 Arizona at Buffalo, 7pm ET, MSG, NHL and WGR550

jsb

I think this game is almost as important as Friday's win over Detroit was. Not only is it important to bounce back from a bad loss like New York put on us, but it's important to keep the momentum going and string together several wins before losing again. Plus we're perfect at home still, need to keep that going.

(Although selfishly I care most about them winning their 11/16 game against Ottawa since I'm driving up for that one. Supersitious me thinks it'd be better chances for me if they lose at least 1 home game before then. But I don't want them to lose any games. 

But alternating wins and losses would result in a .500 record, so it's important to have another big game. It looks like Arizona isn't the same sort of pushover we're used to, but still a very beatable team.

Let's go Buf-fa-lo!

36 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Nah man, Doohickie is right. Kachina Yote is dope as hell.

It’s really cool. I love the Picasso-esque head where one half is a skull. Not sure why he had to get shot in the chest with a cannonball, though.

Edited by SwampD

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

It’s really cool. I love the Picasso-esque head where one half is a skull. Not sure why heard had to get shot in the chest with a cannonball, though.

I've always wondered why they didn't do a third jersey that is just the crescent moon logo jersey the mascot is wearing.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I like it. It's vibrant, the colors are excellently desert-y without the sand, and the coyote is playing hockey with its stick (unlike the Panthers who were breaking their sticks in half). And the border/edging detail is slick. It's one of the busier kits, but it ties the room together.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I like it. It's vibrant, the colors are excellently desert-y without the sand, and the coyote is playing hockey with its stick (unlike the Panthers who were breaking their sticks in half). And the border/edging detail is slick. It's one of the busier kits, but it ties the room together.

I thought it was nice because it seemed to draw inspiration from Native American art and style. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

So you're the one.  It's some peyote fueled fugliness that should never have been approved.  How hard was it to get to the current logo. A howling, wait for it, coyote. 

This is the one spot I would use that Trump GIF that so frequently gets used.  But since i don't want to see his damn face on my screen I'll just say it.  "WRONG!"  But, you know, to each their own.

Go Sabres.

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I love the original Yotes logo.

1 hour ago, inkman said:

So you're the one.  

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Agreed. That abstract-ish Coyotes logo was/is fresh as hell. Appropriate to the region as well.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

Yes.  This is very obvious.  I wish RFK could rein this in.

5 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I’ve always thought the one half is a goalie mask, not a skull.

That's the beauty of that kind of art.  It means different things to different people.

I really hope the Sabres look like a competent hockey team tonight. I can accept a close loss but if they come out and play Housley-brand hockey and lay an egg like the Bills yesterday I'll have some one-buffalo malaise.

Also the Kachina logo is the best sports logo that's been released since the 90s.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.