Injury Report 10/27

Brawndo

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

...and it's at least 50/50 that another defenseman gets hurt by the time Scandy returns.

The glut of defensemen will most likely continue to resolve itself in this way.  They don't need to trade a defenseman unless and until the right trade is offered.

Yes this is true.  My worry is forward though.  Vesey is week to week so it could be awhile.  Our forward depth is already scary thin.  If you can make a trade to upgrade the forwards you absolutely do it but again don’t be giving Risto away or anything like that.

What’s our depth chart behind erod look like?

7 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Yes this is true.  My worry is forward though.  Vesey is week to week so it could be awhile.  Our forward depth is already scary thin.  If you can make a trade to upgrade the forwards you absolutely do it but again don’t be giving Risto away or anything like that.

Tage Thompson

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I'd like to see Asplund called up for the Sweden trip also and to see if he could be an upgrade to Vesey. He has good speed and defensively sound with offensive upside.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I'd like to see Asplund called up for the Sweden trip also and to see if he could be an upgrade to Vesey. He has good speed and defensively sound with offensive upside.

Good call, could also see this. 

Anyone watching Roch - how has asplund looked so far this year?

48 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Montour close and Pilut should be called up for the Trip to Sweden 

So Borgen ends up back in Ra-cha-cha when the Sabres go over the Pond or is Montour expected to still not be ready?

Asplund, Thompson, or Lazar up for the trip?  Asplund would be the 1 that it would mean the most for; though it could be kind of cruel for him or Pilut to be up and not get into either game.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:40 AM, Taro T said:

So Borgen ends up back in Ra-cha-cha when the Sabres go over the Pond or is Montour expected to still not be ready?

Asplund, Thompson, or Lazar up for the trip?  Asplund would be the 1 that it would mean the most for; though it could be kind of cruel for him or Pilut to be up and not get into either game.

Can they bring a guy on the trip with them without actually calling him up?  I forget the CBA specifics on that one, but you'd think they might make exceptions for big trips like this one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.