Zach Bogosian placed on LTIR

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think this makes him done for the season.  Thanks for coming Bogo, get well and re-start your career next year somewhere else.

I don't think that's the right read at all. I'm sure we wont see him until February or something, but they wouldn't have given him a locker room stall if he wasn't on track to be back this year.

They just didn't see the need to declare LTIR until now, with Scandella hurt and a callup needed.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I don't think that's the right read at all. I'm sure we wont see him until February or something, but they wouldn't have given him a locker room stall if he wasn't on track to be back this year.

They just didn't see the need to declare LTIR until now, with Scandella hurt and a callup needed.

I think this is a good take on the situation.  They had to do something when the time came and with Scandella being out, that time has come.

28 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

How long is he obliged to stay there?

10 games/24 days, but if it's like regular IR, it's retroactive.  If that's the case, he's already fulfilled that criteria and can come off of the list at any point when he's healthy.  They'd have to be back under their adjusted cap (including the Hunwick-related overage they're allowed) at that time, which is does easily with Borgen and/or Gilmour sent down.

So really, this move really doesn't mean anything.  As dark stated, it was required to call up Borgen.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think this makes him done for the season.  Thanks for coming Bogo, get well and re-start your career next year somewhere else.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

So your saying this is just wishful thinking?

16 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

I feel like we won't see Bogo play another game as a Sabre.

Maybe I'm wrong.

I think it would be difficult to add Bogo to the roster at some point without subtracting another substantial salary from their cap total (so a trade down the line) given the roster is unlikely to be fully healthy at most points of the year. He certainly earns too much to justify having him sitting around as a #7 or #8 reserve. 

It's a paper move at this point but no way to tell what unfolds over the year. Trade could still be coming. Bodies could be dumped at the deadline, who knows. For the moment, we are cap friendly and Bogo is not part of this roster. 

Eh.  I like him.  He's a more talented, more mistake-prone, more injury-prone version of McCabe.  I was looking forward to see if Krueger could clean up his game.  The way I see it, it's not his fault he has lousy hips, and at this point they've been supposedly fixed (although the "setback" is troubling).  When you talk about players who can play a heavy game for the playoffs, I would put Bogo in that group.

• Like (+1) 2

I hate it when anyone on this forum says they have a source. It really makes me think they are soooo full of ?

Other forums you are either not allowed to say that, or if you have a source, you are forced to disclose it to the webmaster/head honcho and when they verify you are in fact telling the truth, you are then allowed to say you actually do have a reputable source. Instead of coming off like you’re trying your hardest to blow smoke up everyone’s asp. 

Edited by Zamboni

Bogo wasn’t a bad hockey player, when healthy.  It’s been so long since I’ve seen him really healthy though that I don’t even know what that looks like anymore.

He is big, physical, and a really good skater.  He has a hard shot and can make the simple pass.  He also somewhat mistake prone.  

All in all he is a guy you can use in your bottom 4 and PK.  Or he was at least.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I hate it when anyone on this forum says they have a source. It really makes me think they are soooo full of ?

Other forums you are either not allowed to say that, or if you have a source, you are forced to disclose it to the webmaster/head honcho and when they verify you are in fact telling the truth, you are then allowed to say you actually do have a reputable source. Instead of coming off like you’re trying your hardest to blow smoke up everyone’s asp. 

I understand the sentiment,  but as a long time member of this forum I'd think that I have established the credibility to not be full of *****. This is not information that I received from joe blow on the next bar stool.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.