GDT: 10/24/19 Sabres @ Rangers, 7pm ET, MSG and WGR550

LGR4GM

30 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Jack Eichel made one of the dumbest plays I have seen. No look pass to the other team to set up a 2-1 down 4-2 what a ***** moron. 

I couldn't believe my eyes.  They seem, I say seem, to have cut down on those, because the no-look passes were killing them last year and they turnover possession that way more often than not.  But, there we go, Eichel passes right to their guy right in the middle of the ice.  Dahlin's flopping around is almost insignificant compared to that play.

4 minutes ago, erickompositör72 said:

And hadn't they just called a non-existent trip on Skinner a few minutes prior?

No, he had his stick blade in the guys skate. Both calls were correct. 

3 minutes ago, ... said:

I couldn't believe my eyes.  They seem, I say seem, to have cut down on those, because the no-look passes were killing them last year and they turnover possession that way more often than not.  But, there we go, Eichel passes right to their guy right in the middle of the ice.  Dahlin's flopping around is almost insignificant compared to that play.

That play is seared into my memory because the defender was immediately ***** the second it occurred. Worst part was Eichel could have tossed it down low and instead just flicked it behind him perfectly to the other team. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No, he had his stick blade in the guys skate. Both calls were correct. 

That play is seared into my memory because the defender was immediately ***** the second it occurred. Worst part was Eichel could have tossed it down low and instead just flicked it behind him perfectly to the other team. 

Why not send it back to Hutton like he would if it was in OT? Just a dumb play.

Edited by SwampD

58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Rasmus Dahlin was the worst I have ever seen and that goes back to SHL games. 

Jack Eichel made one of the dumbest plays I have seen. No look pass to the other team to set up a 2-1 down 4-2 what a ***** moron. 

No urgency, lazy plays, sloppy plays, no net crashing. Just overall I completely trash performance. I am never starting a GDT again. 

I agree on the Dahlin take. He'll recover.

On balance, though, the game struck me as a weird one. 6-2? Really? The Sabres weren't that badly outplayed, for the most part. In fact, they had the better of play for several stretches of time. They did make a handful of BRUTAL errors, that led to goals.

Time to get right tonight. The timing's actually ideal -- hopefully.

Holy hot takes some of you need to calm down.  It's as if you guys don't remember being completely suffocated game after game last few seasons.  They controlled play for most of the game last night, but got torn apart for the handful of mismatched shifts where Panarin lit up the 2nd line+Dahlin/Miller.  Hutton never had a chance on the goals against, and made at least two highlight reel saves.  The team had plenty of shots, controlled the play, broke into the zone repeatedly with no issues, recovered dumps at an average rate.  They weren't in the right place to take advantage of any of the rebounds and got out lucked in the end.  If you think they got dominated I hesitate to believe you only watched the highlights.

When Vesey and Scandella went out, the team was double shifting on both ends, got tired, made mistakes.  Running the short bench hurt them.

Edited by triumph_communes

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Holy hot takes some of you need to calm down.  It's as if you guys don't remember being completely suffocated game after game last few seasons.  They controlled play for most of the game last night, but got torn apart for the handful of mismatched shifts where Panarin lit up the 2nd line+Dahlin/Miller.  Hutton never had a chance on the goals against, and made at least two highlight reel saves.  The team had plenty of shots, controlled the play, broke into the zone repeatedly with no issues, recovered dumps at an average rate.  They weren't in the right place to take advantage of any of the rebounds and got out lucked in the end.  If you think they got dominated I hesitate to believe you only watched the highlights.

When Vesey and Scandella went out, the team was double shifting on both ends, got tired, made mistakes.  Running the short bench hurt them.

This is obnoxious. I am very calm. They played like idiots yesterday. I am allowed to observe that and comment on it without needing to "calm down". 

They did get dominated, on the score sheet, where it matters most. If you mean the overall game itself, it was up and down but the Sabres were very sloppy in their execution and failed to crash the net like we have seen in previous games. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I was noticing Dahlin going down on all fours a lot this game, it was very akward looking. 

It happened on at least two of the goals.  I called it "swimming" during the game (in posts).  To me it looked like he put himself out of the play by becoming immobile.  An alternate interpretation is that he was trying to make up for teammates who were out of position.  Even if that was the case, though, he made himself less effective in these cases by going down.  I'm sure there's been discussion.

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It happened on at least two of the goals.  I called it "swimming" during the game (in posts).  To me it looked like he put himself out of the play by becoming immobile.  An alternate interpretation is that he was trying to make up for teammates who were out of position.  Even if that was the case, though, he made himself less effective in these cases by going down.  I'm sure there's been discussion.

I recorded the game so I avoided the gdt until later and after seeing the blowout I jumped to the last few pages, so I missed a lot of input here. 

This is the first time I've ever seen him do it, and this is the worst I've seen the team. 

9 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

Woof. Quite possibly the one time i get to see them this season and they put on that performance. At least I got to see Sobotka net one...

They couldn't seem to get anything going yesterday, I'm confident they'll bounce back though. On to the next one.

This guy knows how to make lemonade from lemons...

That's finding a silver lining.  Well done. ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.