GDT: 10/24/19 Sabres @ Rangers, 7pm ET, MSG and WGR550

LGR4GM

So, Risto checks and a Sobotka shot leads to a goal.  It’s been a strange game indeed.

I feel like they haven’t been getting beat as badly as the score.  They are absolutely capable of coming back in the 3rd.  If they come back to at least force OT, I will be pretty fricken bought in that this is a playoff team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Curt said:

So, Risto checks and a Sobotka shot leads to a goal.  It’s been a strange game indeed.

I feel like they haven’t been getting beat as badly as the score.  They are absolutely capable of coming back in the 3rd.  If they come back to at least force OT, I will be pretty fricken bought in that this is a playoff team.

Agree, it's been a lot of bad individual isolated plays that led to the goals

• Like (+1) 1

This 3rd Period will definitely show the spine of this year's team.   Potential on Sobotka's 2P ending goal to have a locker room rally along with HCRK's positive wisdom and adjustments and a 3P played with passion and execution, taking ownership of this game playing "Sabres Hockey."  Also possible we fold and say "It just wasn't our night"  Looking forward to the final period.  Time to refill my bourbon.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, triumph_communes said:

Reinhart is annoying me with his fumbles tonight. McCabe too. They’re dominating play, but they let in goals on the very few shifts they took off. Need to just shoot Lundy is not hot tonight. 

Team is hurting without Scandella and Vesey. Something I wasn’t expecting to say this year. 

They're at Penn Station and presumably hungover and/or drunk.  Those are the only ways to handle Penn Station.

2 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Combination of the Panarin line versus Sobotka and Dahlin+Miller has led to the goals. That’s a weak link. 

Sobotka is supposed to be the man, defensively, though, and Dahlin is a rookie no more, so that's on them, not Kruger or the matchups.

It's a "do your job" thing IMO.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

Combination of the Panarin line versus Sobotka and Dahlin+Miller has led to the goals. That’s a weak link. 

I was reading on twitter that every player is improved with Dahlin statistically so far except line 2, which has been a terrible pairing for all 5 involved. Probably something to do with their transitioning skills not matching up. 

I'd get Dahlin more shifts with Jack. 

Edited by Thorny

50 minutes ago, Tondas said:

How does one accumulate marital capital?  Seems like I'm always in marital debt.

Now this is worthy of its own thread if not a club.

Separately:

Panarin has been the best player on the ice. 

Sabres clearly lacking intensity.  None of the forwards looks engaged — except Vladimir of course.

Shots after 2:  Sabres up 22-14. 

Major meathead in a Miller Jersey one section over antagonizing the crowd.

This game is still winnable if they get their focus and execution back.  

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I was reading on twitter that every player is improved with Dahlin statistically so far except line 2, which has been a terrible pairing for all 5 involved. Probably something to do with their transitioning skills not matching up. 

I'd get Dahlin more shifts with Jack. 

Skinner has always been a weird winger on the breakout. And Sobotka has always sucked at the breakout. I don’t care if he’s the defensive guy, he sucks at breaking it out. If Johansson is overmatched then that line falls apart.  And Panarin is a star, you can’t just blame Johansson 

• Like (+1) 1

Skinner has always been a weird winger on the breakout. And Sobotka has always sucked at the breakout. I don’t care if he’s the defensive guy, he sucks at breaking it out. If Johansson is overmatched then that line falls apart.  And Panarin is a star, you can’t just blame Johansson 

I'm also theorizing the idea that it's more difficult for Dahlin to transition to the forwards if they are all left shots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.