The Krueger Effect

WildCard

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

Okay Ralph.  Here's your challenge.  You've got your forwards back.  Prove me wrong.  I hope you do.

Two forwards, they still need another 2C and a scorer and not the same guy... this isn't a West Virginia joke... how do you know you are talking to a West Virginian... he introduces you to his wife and his cousin and there is only one woman standing there...

10 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Two forwards, they still need another 2C and a scorer and not the same guy... this isn't a West Virginia joke... how do you know you are talking to a West Virginian... he introduces you to his wife and his cousin and there is only one woman standing there...

I really don't think we are getting a 2C from anywhere else. It's going to be Cozens or possibly Mitts. Like it or not. 

Just now, WildCard said:

The offseason we might. This deadline is just going to be shedding some of the fat

It could happen. We all hate GMTM, but even he was capable of adding a 2C for a reasonable cost. It happens, we just have to be the ones there and ready when one shakes loose, or have to be the ones to use our offer to convince a team they can shake him loose, or we have to be the ones to identify a soon-to-be 2C correctly

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It could happen. We all hate GMTM, but even he was capable of adding a 2C for a reasonable cost. It happens, we just have to be the ones there and ready when one shakes loose, or have to be the ones to use our offer to convince a team they can shake him loose, or we have to be the ones to identify a soon-to-be 2C correctly

It could but realistically I can't see it. Between the roster holes we have this offseason, cap space, and a higher availability of 2C's available in the offseason, I can't see Botterill making a big move like that right now.

Just now, WildCard said:

It could but realistically I can't see it. Between the roster holes we have this offseason, cap space, and a higher availability of 2C's available in the offseason, I can't see Botterill making a big move like that right now.

That's what I mean, I'm talking about this offseason. I certainly don't expect anything big at the trade deadline. 

I'd only trade the UFAs that I think don't contribute much 

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

That's what I mean, I'm talking about this offseason. I certainly don't expect anything big at the trade deadline. 

I'd only trade the UFAs that I think don't contribute much 

That's what I was saying in the first place haha I think we're in agreement here

I'm hoping he trades the UFAs for some younger prospects with high upside. That or get some 2-4 round picks in there

15 hours ago, freester said:

Neither one has shown any evidence they are ready to be a 3rd line NHL center let alone a 2nd line Center

Agreed. But sadly that's the reality of the situation.

15 hours ago, WildCard said:

The offseason we might. This deadline is just going to be shedding some of the fat

How? What are you giving up to get them? I really don't think any top notch FAs will have Buffalo on their list of possible destinations. 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:45 PM, PerreaultForever said:

I really don't think we are getting a 2C from anywhere else. It's going to be Cozens or possibly Mitts. Like it or not. 

Sabres should look for a 2nd center that has the flexibility to move to W when Cozens is ready to take over the #2 role. Can't count on DC or Mitts until they truly show it at the NHL level.

30 minutes ago, darksabre said:

The Sabres, despite injuries and a roster nearly devoid of offensive talent, have somehow hung in there. It would be a shame if Botterill didn't find a way to reward them with a little help and the chance to make a run. 

Think I heard we are 2nd most in man games lost 

36 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Sabres should look for a 2nd center that has the flexibility to move to W when Cozens is ready to take over the #2 role. Can't count on DC or Mitts until they truly show it at the NHL level.

Isn’t that what Johansson is suppose to be?

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

The Sabres, despite injuries and a roster nearly devoid of offensive talent, have somehow hung in there. It would be a shame if Botterill didn't find a way to reward them with a little help and the chance to make a run. 

I can't get there with you this time. Unlike fans, Botterill can't be fooled by a few games. This team went 4-4-1 in the homestand. Not nearly enough. I doubt the GM is up for sacrificing anything of the future for this team.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I can't get there with you this time. Unlike fans, Botterill can't be fooled by a few games. This team went 4-4-1 in the homestand. Not nearly enough. I doubt the GM is up for sacrificing anything of the future for this team.

Yuck. Loser mentality. The future is now.

• Like (+1) 1

the truth does seem to be that injuries have played a big part in this team's ups and downs. I hate using any excuse but after seeing what a big difference having VO and dare I say it KO in the lineup makes I am on board with maybe thinking that we are on the right track. I still strongly believe that we need a 2nd center and I do not mean either of Mitts or DC...

On 2/14/2020 at 9:58 AM, Randall Flagg said:

Name one deal of GMTM at reasonable cost

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.