GDT: 10/22/19 Sharks at Buffalo, 7pm ET, MSG and WGR550

jsb

7 minutes ago, jsb said:

Borderline Obnoxious I'd say

What about JoJo, Mojo, Mitts, RFK? This board is full of silly, obnoxious, teenage-girl nicknames. Why pick one and ban it?

3 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

Which derivation of Ra Kru is banned?

The correct one. The best one. The purest one.

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

The main point he made that the NHL Network guys missed was that Mitts recognized that SJ was changing, which would leave Risto open, sold SJ that he (Mitts) was just going to change as well, and then made a quick pass to Risto to spring him for the GWG.  It was a really good breakdown.

Fight the power!

@spndnchz

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

MSG did downgrade it for 1 game, but it was back listed third before the road trip was over.

seriously?  One game?  Hilarious.  Maybe some mid-level production coordinator took it upon himself to make the change and the product put the ixnay on that.   I know Vogl changed after Montreal, so I'll watch his updates to see if it changes.  

51 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I, for one, support the unbanning of Head Coach Ralph Krueger even though I hate it.

I also hate it but power to the people. 

13 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

seriously?  One game?  Hilarious.  Maybe some mid-level production coordinator took it upon himself to make the change and the product put the ixnay on that.   I know Vogl changed after Montreal, so I'll watch his updates to see if it changes.  

I never knew this was more than a funny contextual sound. 

12 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I never knew this was more than a funny contextual sound. 

It's Pig Latin.  To speak Pig Latin, you take the first sound of an English word, put it at the end, and add a long a sound.  So ixnay literally "translates" to English as nix (a shorthand term meaning nullify).

33 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It's Pig Latin.  To speak Pig Latin, you take the first sound of an English word, put it at the end, and add a long a sound.  So ixnay literally "translates" to English as nix (a shorthand term meaning nullify).

That multi-talented wife of mine often boasts of the long lost Pig Latin language.  When she was little all her little playmates used to have whole conversations in that language when they didn't want any adults to know what they were talking about.  It's sad when an ancient civilization and / or language just fades away.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
just one extra letter this time, that's not too bad
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ve been all aboard the Zevon train since @PASabreFan first posted it.

But not enough is being made of BTO blaring through the dressing room last night.

Krueger and Jack talking about classic rock love? Eichel seemingly the music guy in the room? The obvious (and keep-it-simple) theme of Taking Care Of Business?

Do we have our own Gloria?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That multi-talented wife of mine often boasts of the long lost Pig Latin language.  When she was little all her little playmates used to have whole conversations in that language when they didn't want any adults to know what they were talking about.  It's sad when an ancient civilization and / or language just fades away.

I did something similar in grade school with my friends. We thought we were so clever. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.