OT Star Wars Rise of Skywalker

Brawndo

I signed up for the free trial of the disney+  

I was surprised at how much stuff is actually available. 

I really like that I can stream any star wars movie, like ep4 to 6. I have the bluray but who wants to get up to find it. Tonight I'm going to check out the shows, but I think I might continue with the service for a while 

I hope they take the opportunity to make the real versions of the first 3 movies available.  I'm not one of those "Han shot first" nerds (it was a stupid change though), but the CGI of the added scenes does not mix in well and the music change at the end of Jedi is criminal.

I'll be waiting on Disney plus until a few more episodes of certain shows are available.  I'm not crazy about the weekly releasing.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, DHawerchuk10 said:

Yes, I thought it was pretty good.  And they only release 1 episode per week.  For context purposes, I thought TLJ was horrifically bad, but really enjoyed Rogue One. 

i liked the mandalorian as well. i had not realized that dave filoni wrote it. he was the person that worked on the clone wars cartoons, so i suspect this will be closer to the lucas era star wars more than disney era

First episode of The Mandalorian was very good. I'm going to struggle waiting for the new episode every week. The twist at the end sets up some wacky possibilities for the story they're going to tell.

It's really great to see the legendary Mandalorians get their due. It almost feels like it might have some Tolkian-esque high fantasy to it. Also, it's a Runescape quest.

• Like (+1) 1

i just finished watching the second episode. it was better than the first. it was over and i was wanting more. 

its the first time in a long time that anything star wars has kept this much interested. its the best thing to come out of star wars since the original 3.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, miles said:

i just finished watching the second episode. it was better than the first. it was over and i was wanting more. 

its the first time in a long time that anything star wars has kept this much interested. its the best thing to come out of star wars since the original 3.

The episode went by so fast.  After two episodes, my hopes are really starting to build that Disney really nailed this one.  

3 hours ago, miles said:

I'm gonna have to watch this tonight. Exciting!

• 3 weeks later...

Five episodes in, the series has been pretty good.  The third episode was probably my favorite.  There are moments that I really like and moments where I roll my eyes.  He should have credited Maverick for his patented "I'll hit the breaks, he'll fly right by" maneuver at the start of the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears the majority of critics dislike Rise of Skywalker.  Scott Mendelson, specifically, tore it apart.  His write up was a thinly veiled attempt to insult fans would didn't like Last Jedi, or subscribe to his view of the world.  Perhaps I will go see Rise of Skywalker if he hates it so much....might actually be good then. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

It appears the majority of critics dislike Rise of Skywalker.  Scott Mendelson, specifically, tore it apart.  His write up was a thinly veiled attempt to insult fans would didn't like Last Jedi, or subscribe to his view of the world.  Perhaps I will go see Rise of Skywalker if he hates it so much....might actually be good then. 

i typically disagree with critics on movies. i suspect i will love the new star wars because they generally didnt like it. however, i will not see it until it is available for rent. i refuse to go to the movies anymore. 

i would gladly pay 20 dollars to rent a new movie in my home on release day. however, i despise having 28 people next to me, who cant put down their phone, or shut up for 2 hours

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoPre said:

Well I'm pumped for Rise of Skywalker.  Can't wait to see it tonight! 

I hope you enjoy it.  I just can't bring myself to go until I can ascertain that it is reasonably free of overt political agendas, ridiculous and boring sub plots, and dastardly character assassinations of heroes that I would prefer to remember the way I remember.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GoPre said:

Fellow Sabres fans, don’t miss out on this movie.  Brought a satisfying end to a saga many on this board grew up with.  I’d say more, but don’t want to spoil the movie in any way.  J.J. Abrams nailed it.  

My hope is starting to build based on your response here, and some of the fan reviews in Rotten Tomatoes and elsewhere.

My friends who know little of Star Wars said it was fun but with horrible pacing/plot holes, but overall enjoyable.

My friends who enjoy SW but share my hatred of TLJ said it was... 5/10. 

But they all said the best part was being in a theatre full of die hard Star Wars fans who were beyond angry and hating every minute of it... 

29 minutes ago, josie said:

My friends who know little of Star Wars said it was fun but with horrible pacing/plot holes, but overall enjoyable.

My friends who enjoy SW but share my hatred of TLJ said it was... 5/10. 

But they all said the best part was being in a theatre full of die hard Star Wars fans who were beyond angry and hating every minute of it... 

This is 100% what I'm expecting and therefore won't be spending my money on. 

It's just a bad as the Phantom Menace but for totally different reasons. The film is just a pacing nightmare with plot holes galore that spends it's entire run reconning TLJ and even reconning itself. The only points that were worthy of praise were the score, Frick, and Adam Driver's performance. He killed it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was really looking forward to watching this with my son this weekend.  Yesterday he was involved in a workplace accident and has a concussion.  No movies for us for a bit.  

The incident is Thursday thread worthy.  He’s going to be OK, but the situation should have never happened and its got my dander up.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.