Early season award contenders

gilbert11

7 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

How about Krueger for Jack Adams, Carter (EF) Hutton for Vezina, Dahlin for Norris and Olofsson for Calder?   Side comment: with all the hockey people in history to honor, they had to use Calder for both the NHL Rookie of the Year and AHL Championship?

I am immediately holding you responsible when any or all of these players start sucking. So I'm already mad about Dahlin. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, inkman said:

I am immediately holding you responsible when any or all of these players start sucking. So I'm already mad about Dahlin. 

Yes, Dahlin has sucked this year. Trade him. Net negative player. No room on this team for a point a game defenseman who's a +2, positively impacting transition.

He turns the puck over sometimes, dammit!

Your hyperbole with regards to Dahlin isn't even surpassed by the hyperbole you perceive to be happening on the other end of the spectrum, that really isn't (OP of this thread not withstanding, though I read it as a little tongue in cheek, could be wrong there). Dahlin has been good, not great, and there's lots of room for improvement. Relative to age he's exceeding expectations, but there you have it. 

Or, you know, he "sucks".

Edited by Thorny

Am I the only one who thinks Dahlin is making fewer mistakes?

My memory says they were far more frequent and egregious last year.

Ralph is treating him like a young defenceman and putting him in a position to succeed.

Funily enough, he is succeeding and the numbers bear that out.

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Yes, Dahlin has sucked this year. Trade him. Net negative player. No room on this team for a point a game defenseman who's a +2, positively impacting transition.

He turns the puck over sometimes, dammit!

Your hyperbole with regards to Dahlin isn't even surpassed by the hyperbole you perceive to be happening on the other end of the spectrum, that really isn't (OP of this thread not withstanding, though I read it as a little tongue in cheek, could be wrong there). Dahlin has been good, not great, and there's lots of room for improvement. Relative to age he's exceeding expectations, but there you have it. 

Or, you know, he "sucks".

You've officially made my hyperbolic chiding worthwhile. I'll let you figure out how I really feel about the kid but I feel like someone needs to balance the ledger here. He's amazing until he isn't then he's not very good. 

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Ralph is treating him like a young defenceman and putting him in a position to succeed.

I think HCRK usage has been adequate. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

You've officially made my hyperbolic chiding worthwhile. I'll let you figure out how I really feel about the kid but I feel like someone needs to balance the ledger here. He's amazing until he isn't then he's not very good. 

I think HCRK usage has been adequate. 

If triggering the guy who's calling his performance thus far this season good but not great with room for improvement represents an end achieved, all power to you, I suppose. 

On 10/21/2019 at 5:36 PM, dudacek said:

Pretty sure you're remembering them as more frequent and egregious last year is his play did tail off the last month or so of last year.

IMHO, they're a little down from that, but probably up a bit from mid-season last year.  But overall his ooopses haven't been damning.  And expecting they'll decline as he continues to get more experience.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.