Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gilbert11

Early season award contenders

Recommended Posts

How about Krueger for Jack Adams, Carter (EF) Hutton for Vezina, Dahlin for Norris and Olofsson for Calder?   Side comment: with all the hockey people in history to honor, they had to use Calder for both the NHL Rookie of the Year and AHL Championship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll wait until ¾ of the season is over before throwing around award predictions. Most likely none of them Sabres 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gilbert11 said:

How about Krueger for Jack Adams, Carter (EF) Hutton for Vezina, Dahlin for Norris and Olofsson for Calder?   Side comment: with all the hockey people in history to honor, they had to use Calder for both the NHL Rookie of the Year and AHL Championship?

I am immediately holding you responsible when any or all of these players start sucking. So I'm already mad about Dahlin. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, inkman said:

I am immediately holding you responsible when any or all of these players start sucking. So I'm already mad about Dahlin. 

Yes, Dahlin has sucked this year. Trade him. Net negative player. No room on this team for a point a game defenseman who's a +2, positively impacting transition.

He turns the puck over sometimes, dammit!

Your hyperbole with regards to Dahlin isn't even surpassed by the hyperbole you perceive to be happening on the other end of the spectrum, that really isn't (OP of this thread not withstanding, though I read it as a little tongue in cheek, could be wrong there). Dahlin has been good, not great, and there's lots of room for improvement. Relative to age he's exceeding expectations, but there you have it. 

Or, you know, he "sucks".

Edited by Thorny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one who thinks Dahlin is making fewer mistakes?

My memory says they were far more frequent and egregious last year.

Ralph is treating him like a young defenceman and putting him in a position to succeed.

Funily enough, he is succeeding and the numbers bear that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Yes, Dahlin has sucked this year. Trade him. Net negative player. No room on this team for a point a game defenseman who's a +2, positively impacting transition.

He turns the puck over sometimes, dammit!

Your hyperbole with regards to Dahlin isn't even surpassed by the hyperbole you perceive to be happening on the other end of the spectrum, that really isn't (OP of this thread not withstanding, though I read it as a little tongue in cheek, could be wrong there). Dahlin has been good, not great, and there's lots of room for improvement. Relative to age he's exceeding expectations, but there you have it. 

Or, you know, he "sucks".

You've officially made my hyperbolic chiding worthwhile. I'll let you figure out how I really feel about the kid but I feel like someone needs to balance the ledger here. He's amazing until he isn't then he's not very good. 

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Am I the only one who thinks Dahlin is making fewer mistakes?

My memory says they were far more frequent and egregious last year.

Ralph is treating him like a young defenceman and putting him in a position to succeed.

Funily enough, he is succeeding and the numbers bear that out.

I think HCRK usage has been adequate. 

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, inkman said:

You've officially made my hyperbolic chiding worthwhile. I'll let you figure out how I really feel about the kid but I feel like someone needs to balance the ledger here. He's amazing until he isn't then he's not very good. 

I think HCRK usage has been adequate. 

If triggering the guy who's calling his performance thus far this season good but not great with room for improvement represents an end achieved, all power to you, I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 5:36 PM, dudacek said:

Am I the only one who thinks Dahlin is making fewer mistakes?

My memory says they were far more frequent and egregious last year.

Ralph is treating him like a young defenceman and putting him in a position to succeed.

Funily enough, he is succeeding and the numbers bear that out.

Pretty sure you're remembering them as more frequent and egregious last year is his play did tail off the last month or so of last year.

IMHO, they're a little down from that, but probably up a bit from mid-season last year.  But overall his ooopses haven't been damning.  And expecting they'll decline as he continues to get more experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...