GDT: 10/19 Sabres at San Jose, 10:30pm ET, MSG and WGR550

jsb

Caught much of the 2nd. Watched the highlights. Looked at the SAT’s**. Holy sh1tballs: Big team win against a quality team on the road.

Onward!

** They look to have been a bit adverse to us, but it also looks like quality of shots and game flow play a role in assessing the game, which, overall, looks like a strong effort.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I watched the whole game.  We beat a quality team, in their building, on the last night of a road trip.  We never trailed.  We scored 4 ES goals.  IMPRESSIVE team play.  

This team is buying into RK and RK is pushing the right buttons.  All lines are contributing and responsible, despite what the box score shows.  RK’s late game adjustments are working and team gets it.  

The Larsson line is the GLO line.  Not LOG, not LGO, not OGL, and not GOL.   

Need a Bills win today to complete the weekend.  

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, grinreaper said:

OK, RK had VO out there in the last minute because of his defensive abilities.

aflac.jpg

They actually got trapped. Until then we had continued to use our base lines to keep pressure out of our zone. Reinhart and Olafsson were in the process of changing when Risto iced it with 1 minute left

No way we win these last 2 games with the Eichel line not scoring any points last year. All 3 goals Thursday came from the 4th line and 2 for the 2nd line, 1 from the 3rd and 1 from the 4th yesterday. Can we finally depend on every line to contribute this year?? Caught the game from just before Casey's deflection goal after watching a very exciting Yankees/Astros game. Boys looked good doing it, deserved the win. Whatever RK is preaching is being listened to. 

Also thank you for all the kind posts on the GDT start, it's appreciated.*

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, inkman said:

I feel like this will take us far.

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I like Skinner's interview.  He really thinks the game in a big picture sense.

He did the best he could with some of the most incoherent questions. It's apparent the questioners don't know much about hockey. Really dumb jock talk.

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

RFK's word of the day:  Character.  Went right to it in his first statement in the post gamer.

Would you please cease and desist. No one likes it. If we can't have Ra Kru you can't have R*K. SDS has always been concerned about the children. Think about the little boy or girl who has to ask Daddy, "What's the F for?"

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I feel like this will take us far.

He did the best he could with some of the most incoherent questions. It's apparent the questioners don't know much about hockey. Really dumb jock talk.

Would you please cease and desist. No one likes it. If we can't have Ra Kru you can't have R*K. SDS has always been concerned about the children. Think about the little boy or girl who has to ask Daddy, "y, "What's the F for?"

Freddie

• Haha (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Yeah, it sounded like Skinner was trying to explain quantum physics to a kindergartener.

• Haha (+1) 1

Couple other game notes:

- Evander looked like a highly motivated monster last night.  I'd still rather have Skinner, but I'd really rather have both.

- Just to stir the pot, I'll note that Evander was much more effective than Reino last night, and if the Sabres have to give Reino a huge contract this summer, it'll be questionable as to whether that $$ might've been better spent on Evander (although we of course don't know whether that option was available to JB).

- Guess who the only team in the EC with 7 wins is?

- Another encouraging showing from Mitts' line.  I thought all 3 of them played pretty well last night and that line has been pulling its weight and contributing offense for the last few games now.

- So was the whole D pairing shakeup just a misimpression that one of the Sabres beat guys reported and then a bunch of people repeated?

- Overall, a good, balanced game throughout the lineup. 

- That Sharks goal that Sorensen banked in off of his skate was pretty close to a kick, although it was an unusual backward kick.  Still probably the right call though, and the Sabres certainly got the benefit of the doubt on Mitts' goal.

• 3rd game in 4 nights on the road, win
  • strong defensive effort, win
  • depth scoring, win
  • lots of goals, win
  • Even strength goals, win

We are starting to see positive trends in areas we haven’t seen them in before and we are banking points.

Im having fun here.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Best win of the year IMHO.  Worth the brutal late bedtime.  

Yup, I'm going to ask that this be ceased and desisted as well. I can't have Ra Kru, but you can steal the song I used that was based on the nickname? Head Coach Ralph Krueger! Head Coach Ralph Krueger! Head Coach Ralph Krueger! No justice, no peace.

28 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yup, I'm going to ask that this be ceased and desisted as well. I can't have Ra Kru, but you can steal the song I used that was based on the nickname? Head Coach Ralph Krueger! Head Coach Ralph Krueger! Head Coach Ralph Krueger! No justice, no peace.

Ra'Kru.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

On 10/20/2019 at 8:08 AM, Pimlach said:

I watched the whole game.  We beat a quality team, in their building, on the last night of a road trip.  We never trailed.  We scored 4 ES goals.  IMPRESSIVE team play.  

This team is buying into RK and RK is pushing the right buttons.  All lines are contributing and responsible, despite what the box score shows.  RK’s late game adjustments are working and team gets it.  

The Larsson line is the GLO line.  Not LOG, not LGO, not OGL, and not GOL.   

Need a Bills win today to complete the weekend.  

Maybe it's just me but GLO is just a little too fabulous for a hockey line.  Especially one whose forte is hard work and puck cycling. Functional, like a log. Not fabulous like their GLOwing.  

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

Maybe it's just me but GLO is just a little too fabulous for a hockey line.  Especially one whose forte is hard work and puck cycling. Functional, like a log. Not fabulous like their GLOwing.  

Agree. Of course we've now assured that we'll be sent to PC jail. I just wanted to be your bunkmate.

I'm just happy Ralph's consistency allows us to even consider line nicknames.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.