GDT: 10/19 Sabres at San Jose, 10:30pm ET, MSG and WGR550

jsb

3 minutes ago, repster said:

First place again!

Still, we are only 4 points up on 6th place in our division...Gotta get their rest from this trip and keep the momentum going for the rematch on Tuesday and beyond.  No other division in the league is as top heavy as the Atlantic at this stage of the season.

6 points

Missed watching a lot of third, listened on the radio while I was picking up my kid and his girlfriend.  Would have like to have seen Girgensons score in real time.  I'm kind of surprised at the assessments in the thread about his being a good game for the Sabres. They must have looked really good in the third.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Missed watching a lot of third, listened on the radio while I was picking up my kid and his girlfriend.  Would have like to have seen Girgensons score in real time.  I'm kind of surprised at the assessments in the thread about his being a good game for the Sabres. They must have looked really good in the third.

SJ never really got sustained pressure the last half of the period until the last minute. The two goals they gave up was just puck luck.  Great team effort and excellent defense in particular I thought. 

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Now 68 is out there 

I noticed that.  I wonder if that was an in-game lesson for the young man:  "Watch what Jimmy does on the shift.  When you're protecting a lead, that's the way you have to play."  Then RFK gave Olafsson another chance at it.  Developing depth in game.

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I love this one

That was the last meaningful April win the Sabres had.  They were already in the hole at that point, a loss petty much killed their playoff chances; a win kept hope alive.  They eventually were eliminated and haven't sniffed the playoffs since.

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I noticed that.  I wonder if that was an in-game lesson for the young man:  "Watch what Jimmy does on the shift.  When you're protecting a lead, that's the way you have to play."  Then RFK gave Olafsson another chance at it.  Developing depth in game.

He was on the ice during an icing. Then the TO but he still had to go back out there.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.