GDT: Buffalo @ LA Kings, 10-17-2019, 10:30 pm EDT

WildCard

We were besieged and our team looked absolutely worn out most of the 2nd and half the 3rd but seemingly woke up in late in the 3rd to help Hutton secure the goose-egg.

A win is a win however and 6-1-1 is nothing to scoff at. 

I honestly cannot say I have ever seen so many missed shots by a team as the Kings did tonight. It was like they all were stricken with near-sightedness   

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I honestly cannot say I have ever seen so many missed shots by a team as the Kings did tonight. It was like they all were stricken with near-sightedness   

These shots on goal, too accurate for Sand People Native Tatooiners.... Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so precise.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Feels like when we had Arturs Irbe here under Nolan and the goalies were too good for the tank.

Trade Enroth! He's gonna thwart all our plans!

It was like they went out, put a few goals on the board, and then spent the rest of the game making a mess and disrupting everything. Weird Game.

Not much structure; certainly not a polished performance, but they won. Big win, especially after the physical loss.

Edited by hockeyhound

Real statement game by Hutton; he’s been very good so far, but now he’s sent a strong message to his teammates that if they have a rough one, he’s got their back.

He’s leading the league in wins and shutouts and his SP and GAA is right there among the starters.

His best performance as a Sabre.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You know you are a good team when "you get completely outplayed" and still win in a shutout.

Alternatively, I'd be a wreck if I was a Kings fan. That was not a good team playing in black, and the Sabres and Kings both knew it 

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

92 shot attempts for the Kings.

Ninety.

Two.

That said, I dont think they had any shots on net the final 5-7 minutes or so... progress?

Outrageous. I wish they coulda gotten 8 more

9 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Alternatively, I'd be a wreck if I was a Kings fan. That was not a good team playing in black, and the Sabres and Kings both knew it 

Who cares? We've been on the other side of a win like that more times than I can remember. 

We were the better team.

6-1-1 biotches!

1st win of the season that felt like the 10 game streak.

Not sure what has changed, but that is 2 very poor 2nd periods after 6 strong ones.  Hopefully Krueger and crew figures out how to fix that, and soon.

I get that some here want Skinner moving into Eichel's line, but RK has put that line out against the other team's top line consistently (and opposing coaches have gone along with that plan as well when they have the last change) and sliding Jeff up to that line won't appreciably change results of going against Barkov's and Kopitar and Crosby and ... nearly as much as getting Jack's line out against lesser lines. 

Krueger needs to figure out how to get Eichel's line out against weaker lines more often.  When they aren't going out against the Kopitar's and Barkov's they have shifts of serious domination.  That will improve results (as if 6-1-1 has a lot of room for improvement) more than forcing Skinner against the other team's top line and expecting Olofsson to do what Skinner has done on the 2nd line would do IMHO.

Well the Kings clearly are not a very good hockey team but we played a solid conservative road victory. Hats off to the coaches and/or leadership group who got the team back to basics, simplified the game, and settled back into a successful disciplined style of play after the mess the night before.

You know, good teams often beat bad teams when the top lines cancel each other out but the depth comes through and the lower lines dominate. Wasn't it refreshing to see that tonight, that was us not them. Their 4th line simply could not compete.

Sheary much better than ERod.  Hutton playing really good, but that is also because he simply plays better behind a team that clears the rebound, opens his sight lines and backchecks well (like he had in St. Louis). I think with this style of play he will have a really really good year.

Mitts now being developed the way he should have been developed last year. 

We are just a real hockey team again, what more can you say. 

4 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

The Todd McLellan postgame is worth a watch.   Really tears into his own players, calling out some as stupid, and rips Kovalchuck for shooting wide and taking penalties.   The players must hate him. 

I'm guessing people who wanted us to hire him are thankful it didn't happen now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.