GDT: Buffalo @ LA Kings, 10-17-2019, 10:30 pm EDT

WildCard

@Randall Flagg Casey picking the puck out of the air and zipping it across to Sheary...

I wouldn’t call his hands smooth - on the contrary, he’s very herky-jerky - but they are so quick and coordinated and he always wants to use them with pace. We will see it surface more and more as he adjusts to NHL speed. Just like we saw Sam’s silkier but equally good hands emerge as he did the same.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

@Randall Flagg Casey picking the puck out of the air and zipping it across to Sheary...

I wouldn’t call his hands smooth - on the contrary, he’s very herky-jerky - but they are so quick and coordinated and he always wants to use them with pace. We will see it surface more and more as he adjusts to NHL speed. Just like we saw Sam’s much silkier hands but equally good hands emerge as he did the same.

I saw that. The thing I'm talking about is the strong-wrist stickhandling that lets guys like Kane break Norris trophy winners' ankles. It's great that Mitts can do stuff like he did, and his hands are far from being bad, but I have seen Zemgus consistently capable of knocking pucks down the same way. When I criticize Mitts' hands, it's more the traditional stickhandling I see from elite hands guys that is completely absent from Mitts, as well as essentially every player on our roster, so I always bristle at the suggestion of "tantalizing skill." Not from suggestions that he will be a good player that can do good things with his hands.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.