GDT: Buffalo @ LA Kings, 10-17-2019, 10:30 pm EDT

WildCard

4 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

E-Rod is in only because of injury and hasn't played better than Sobotka or Vessey.

Being the worst player doesn't bode well for future ice time.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Are you talking about the five shifts he (evan) played, in which he was a major part of three scoring chances on the rush? Does anyone have film of Rodrigues looking lost, besides having bad positioning for 0.2 seconds while playing left defense in favor of a left defenseman who was wandering in the neutral zone like an idiot? Because I spend so much time thinking I'm watching a different game from everyone else, and it may be a me problem, but that's why I spend so much time grabbing film for later use

2 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I've been to Cali between Palm Springs to Sacramento and yes there is some nice scenery but, not real impressed with the area as a whole. Would love to start at the Redwoods and head north. I've been in most states and prefer the driving method so as to be able to stop and see whatever you want. Over the years I've been to many historical sites and sight-seeing places. Quite a variety, just to mention a few....Mammoth Caves, Merrimac Caverns, Henry Ford Museum, Kellogg's plant, Schlitz Brewery, Gettysburg and other Civil War sites, Stephen Fosters home, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Painted Desert, drove most of old Route 66, Empire State Bldg, World Trade Center, Statue of Liberty, Arcosanti, etc.

Also been to Mexico and some Eastern Canada(mostly in Ontario). Fishing in Georgian Bay and throughout Ontario along with some sight-seeing in Ottawa and TO.

Not as wordly as @Wyldnwoody44 but ...still means a lot to me.

Very nice, but one small picking of a nit, there is no Canadian that will view Ontario as Eastern Canada … (insert the thingie of your choice here, mine would be the winkie thingie).

To be in Eastern Canada you must be in New Brunswick and more East(er).

Now, this game is very important to see what the Sabres are actually made of.

Make up sex is the best.  We all know that.  This game is the make up sex game for the Sabres and their fans.  YUP!!

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

• Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Very nice, but one small picking of a nit, there is no Canadian that will view Ontario as Eastern Canada … (insert the thingie of your choice here, mine would be the winkie thingie).

Make up sex is the best.  We all know that.  This game is the make up sex game for the Sabres and their fans.  YUP!!

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Canada ends at Toronto. Nothing else exists to the east and to the west till you get to BC.

Just ask any Torontonian.

?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Are you talking about the five shifts he played, in which he was a major part of three scoring chances on the rush? Does anyone have film of Rodrigues looking lost, besides having bad positioning for 0.2 seconds while playing left defense in favor of a left defenseman who was wandering in the neutral zone like an idiot? Because I spend so much time thinking I'm watching a different game from everyone else, and it may be a me problem, but that's why I spend so much time grabbing film for later use

Dammit. Quick is a nightmare and I wish we were playing him.

quick.thumb.PNG.27f30ed0bc769034c48019ffb52c50d8.PNG

A snapshot of Quick tumbling down a mountain

6:57 TOI  and 10 shifts.

1(?) shift in the third.

The coach thinks he is the worst player on the team by ice time.

21 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

6:57 TOI  and 10 shifts.

1(?) shift in the third.

The coach thinks he is the worst player on the team by ice time.

The coach himself says that's not how he coaches lines and makes decisions about who is going on the ice. He doesn't rank players or lines based on how "good" they are, and then decide to bench them when they're "not playing good," such that ice time is an adequate reflection at the end of a given game of player quality. 

Now, as my post mentioned, can you show me film of the problems? Because as I'm about to dump off in the 3rd line thread, I've re-watched the last two games and seen nothing to indicate what this growing consensus seems to be. Deferring to the fact that others have said so, and ice time, isn't convincing. Olofsson has sat for essentially entire third periods when we have the lead now - was he our worst players in those games? Dahlin was benched for over 9 minutes of a recent third period. Was he our worst player in that one?

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

The coach himself says that's not how he coaches lines and makes decisions about who is going on the ice. He doesn't rank players or lines based on how "good" they are, and then decide to bench them when they're "not playing good," such that ice time is an adequate reflection at the end of a given game of player quality. 

Now, as my post mentioned, can you show me film of the problems? Because as I'm about to dump off in the 3rd line thread, I've re-watched the last two games and seen nothing to indicate what this growing consensus seems to be. Deferring to the fact that others have said so, and ice time, isn't convincing. Olofsson has sat for essentially entire third periods when we have the lead now - was he our worst players in those games? Dahlin was benched for over 9 minutes of a recent third period. Was he our worst player in that one?

E-rod was benched in place of Kyle for the third. I have no film of him. The coached benched him.

Olofsson is a essentially a rookie here to score and doing a great job. Your point of sitting an offensive forward with limited defensive skills and a rookie is a comparison? Apples and oranges.

Dahlin deserved to be benched, he was our worst defensive minded defensemen when that happened. So yes, the other 5 where better choices.

E-rod deserved to be benched because he is our worst forward right now. Which is telling considering our middle six.

14 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

E-rod was benched in place of Kyle for the third. I have no film of him. The coached benched him.

Olofsson is a essentially a rookie here to score and doing a great job. Your point of sitting an offensive forward with limited defensive skills and a rookie is a comparison? Apples and oranges.

Dahlin deserved to be benched, he was our worst defensive minded defensemen when that happened. So yes, the other 5 where better choices.

E-rod deserved to be benched because he is our worst forward right now. Which is telling considering our middle six.

And Olofsson was benched for Vesey like five times now. Does that mean he's a worse player than Jimmy, or that Ralph believes he is?

E-Rod has not been our worst forward right now, he's been fine, and even broaching the subject of having a "worst forward" after seven, or FOUR games for Evan, is nonsense and useless analysis. It's not a well-posed "ranking." 

TWENTY FIVE games was not enough last season to make the conclusions many fans made. FOUR is in la la land.

Edited by Randall Flagg

44 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Could've sworn he was out with Larsson and Girgensons a couple of times a bit after the midpoint of the 3rd. 

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

lol, make up sex.  Hopefully this game is more like a slump buster... like heading out to the bars on the eastside instead of the chip strip.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

You mean like when lipstick winds up in places it normally isn't?

Hard to argue with that. ?

• Thanks (+1) 1

Has anyone watched any Kings games? It seems like Quick has tanked them, but I wonder how they look otherwise.

Jack's stat line against the Kings is identical to his stat line this season - 7 games, 4 goals, 6 assists, 10 points. He generally enjoys playing against Kopitar and Carter, which is weird because usually strong two-way guys are his kryptonite in Barkov, Bergeron etc (both his 4 point Boston games came with Bergeron out IIRC)

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Has anyone watched any Kings games? It seems like Quick has tanked them, but I wonder how they look otherwise.

Jack's stat line against the Kings is identical to his stat line this season - 7 games, 4 goals, 6 assists, 10 points. He generally enjoys playing against Kopitar and Carter, which is weird because usually strong two-way guys are his kryptonite in Barkov, Bergeron etc (both his 4 point Boston games came with Bergeron out IIRC)

I've watched 3 full Kings games.   They play hard, high effort level, but are mistake prone.   If you can just hang around, not give them much, and capitalize on their inevitable mistakes, you'll have a good chance to beat them.     

That said, Krueger doesn't like to play that style, so I'm not too thrilled about their chances tonight on the backend of a back-to-back.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I've watched 3 full Kings games.   They play hard, high effort level, but are mistake prone.   If you can just hang around, not give them much, and capitalize on their inevitable mistakes, you'll have a good chance to beat them.     

That said, Krueger doesn't like to play that style, so I'm not too thrilled about their chances tonight on the backend of a back-to-back.

Are they lumbering like the last couple years, or have some of those younger guys weaving their way into the lineup made them a faster team?

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Are they lumbering like the last couple years, or have some of those younger guys weaving their way into the lineup made them a faster team?

They play much faster, not your father's Kings squad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.