GDT: Buffalo @ LA Kings, 10-17-2019, 10:30 pm EDT

WildCard

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Third game in four days. I know they're young and should be full of spunk after last night, but they're also human. I don't have any real expectations for tonight. I'm just glad the schedule-makers did us a favor and got this out of the way early.

It felt like they took a beating last night physically. I wonder if they're even going to have a morning skate.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

It felt like they took a beating last night physically. I wonder if they're even going to have a morning skate.

I don't see the point.  The problem with their game last night wasn't mechanical.  They lost the game in their heads.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

7 minutes ago, ... said:

I don't see the point.  The problem with their game last night wasn't mechanical.  They lost the game in their heads.

Agreed with ... (damn  that's a hard name to quote)

Anyways, they might if they have new lines?

Well, didn't watch the game last night but read the game thread. Sounds like they took a page from the Columbus game plan against us. 

We started out good and then couldn't handle the push back. Wasn't their coach, Dallas Eakins somebody a few SS wanted as our PH replacement? 

Anyway we need to see how this team handles some adversity so here we are.

Also another game I will not be staying up late to see but I'm counting on you all to keep the narrative going here so i can check it tomorrow. 

How about a nice low scoring road game that we win 3-2.  Let's go Buffalo.

This one will be interesting.  The Kings will definitely try to do what worked for Anaheim, but pretty sure they're slower than Anaheim so if the Sabres keep their feet moving and are willing to use that slight dump back pass to spring somebody else open for a clean entry, they shouldn't be any more successful at that strategy than Florida was the 1st 2 periods.

The Sabres let up on their skating in the 2nd last night allowing Anaheim to pressure effectively and then went into the old habit each man must do it himself mode in the 3rd.  Stick to the plan and it might be tough, but it is winnable.

Looking forward to seeing how the boys bounce back.  There were a lot of shifts with Eichel's line and the McCabe pairing last night ( early every single shift in the 1st) with far fewer Eichel Scandella sightings.  Wonder how those deployments will be matched up tonight.

Also wondering if the swap of Miller and Dahlin on the PP will continue or if Krueger will go back to what worked most of the 1st 6 games.  Expecting they go back, but on a short leash.

Win tonight and they're at 13 w/ 1 point banked above the 12 pts/10 games pace needed to get into the dance and 2 games left to bank additional points.

The Krueger Kool-aid is delicious.  Sabres 4 Kings 1.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

This one will be interesting.  The Kings will definitely try to do what worked for Anaheim, but pretty sure they're slower than Anaheim so if the Sabres keep their feet moving and are willing to use that slight dump back pass to spring somebody else open for a clean entry, they shouldn't be any more successful at that strategy than Florida was the 1st 2 periods.

The Sabres let up on their skating in the 2nd last night allowing Anaheim to pressure effectively and then went into the old habit each man must do it himself mode in the 3rd.  Stick to the plan and it might be tough, but it is winnable.

Looking forward to seeing how the boys bounce back.  There were a lot of shifts with Eichel's line and the McCabe pairing last night ( early every single shift in the 1st) with far fewer Eichel Scandella sightings.  Wonder how those deployments will be matched up tonight.

Also wondering if the swap of Miller and Dahlin on the PP will continue or if Krueger will go back to what worked most of the 1st 6 games.  Expecting they go back, but on a short leash.

Win tonight and they're at 13 w/ 1 point banked above the 12 pts/10 games pace needed to get into the dance and 2 games left to bank additional points.

The Krueger Kool-aid is delicious.  Sabres 4 Kings 1.

It's that Royal Blue-berry....it's the best.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Tonight represents their best chance to get some points on this road trip as the Sharks have now won three in a row and have appeared to turn things around.

Logically, yes.  Except, they traditionally win in San Jose. 

Just make it simple and take all 4 points. ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Tonight represents their best chance to get some points on this road trip as the Sharks have now won three in a row and have appeared to turn things around.

This is why I think the decision was to play Ullmark last night.  Last night was a decision to play with “house money” and see if they could steal two on the road from an improved Anaheim team.  Tonight you should win.  

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Skinner scored a hat trick in LA last season. It was also our 8th game of the season. I believe that was his first game on Jack's line. 

I'm juuuuuuuuuuuust sayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyin 

?

It will be interesting to see if Ralph's a nervous nellie kind of guy or if he's rock solid.

They totally dominated first 18 minutes last night then took their foot off the pedal and got punished for it, hard.  Hopefully they take this to heart.  Also, that ice sucked and a lot of pucks were bouncing, which didn't help their passing dependent game.  Can't blame last night on any individual, the whole team took a step back.  The powerplay also hit a funk.

Replace Vesey or Rodrigues with Lazar and go at it again tonight.  The GLO line barely had playing time during the collapse and didn't get much going.  They need more out of those bottom lines, especially physically.  Hope the refs aren't awful again too.

56 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

In B.C. yes. I've always wanted to visit there. Have seen photos of friends who have and I love salmon fishing, but haven't had the opportunity to do it.

BC is a beaut but it is all the way down. Some of the nicest scenery I’ve seen is through the Oregon coast. So get out to BC and experience some of that but while your here try and drive stateside down the coast as well. Its all beautiful.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.