GDT: Sabres at Ducks ?7p PT

pi2000

26 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Also, I miss conversations about hockey, just hockey, no F'n science, no stats and no other bs. Alas, those days are gone 

Trying not be judgy, but me too.

I don’t like it that we have to dive into advanced stats to reassure ourselves that this start isn’t an illusion, no matter what our eyes have told us. Can’t see that box ever being closed.

I know part of that is also the Suffering, but I miss the fact that nobody trusts themselves enough to say “holy ***** the Sabres are playing good so far!”

• Like (+1) 2

I don't mind the simple stuff, but it always comes back to stuff that I can't even digest, or it takes away from the hockey talk so far that it makes it less enjoyable. 

It's no one in particular, I just grew up loving hockey and it's shifted is all. 

Either way, I love the Sabres, win or lose ?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Trying not be judgy, but me too.

I don’t like it that we have to dive into advanced stats to reassure ourselves that this start isn’t an illusion, no matter what our eyes have told us. Can’t see that box ever being closed.

I know part of that is also the Suffering, but I miss the fact that nobody trusts themselves enough to say “holy ***** the Sabres are playing good so far!”

I'm sure plenty of people are- quietly to themselves, maybe to their wives (me included)... they just don't dare say it on here ?

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t mistrust or mislike fancy stats at all; I find them interesting tools for interpreting the game.

Dislike when they take precedence over - rather than seeking to inform - simpler things, more interesting and important things like scoring goals and winning games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

E-Rod is on the bench and not dressed. Sheary made trip, but the projected line up did not have him starting.   Was this reported?

E=Rod is probably think ... 'my Kingdom for a face cloth' ... shout out to @PASabreFan (you should get the reference, if not' look it up).

-----

Off to beddies.  Our friends in Boston and NYC are sending along our first Nor'Easter of the season tomorrow mid-morning and I have a 9 AM meeting.I have to be 'B - T' in the morning.

Hoping I wake up to good news from Duckland.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

E=Rod is probably think ... 'my Kingdom for a face cloth' ... shout out to @PASabreFan (you should get the reference, if not' look it up).

-----

Off to beddies.  Our friends in Boston and NYC are sending along our first Nor'Easter of the season tomorrow mid-morning and I have a 9 AM meeting.I have to be 'B - T' in the morning.

Hoping I wake up to good news from Duckland.

MUST WIN!!

GO SABRES!!

Seconds before I read this post, I posted a MASH reference in another thread (and tagged NS). Now, this is the kind of stuff that makes me wonder. So weird.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

You thinkin' bout taking something off? #sabrespaceafterdark

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

You thinkin' bout taking something off? #sabrespaceafterdark

No sir I have two international highschool students doing homework in the other room. Not sure how the wife would feel bout that. Hehe

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.