GDT: Sabres at Ducks ?7p PT

pi2000

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He has.  But he's also had a lot of ooopsies on those since the latter parts of last season.  (And, I'm OK with a large chunk of those.  It's part of the maturation process and he & the Sabres will be better for it in the long run.)

Eichel literally has 3-4 terrible giveaways a game. Dahlin is often one of the last men back so it stands out more. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Eichel literally has 3-4 terrible giveaways a game. Dahlin is often one of the last men back so it stands out more. 

I am merely stating why I don't consider Dahlin their top D man at present.  I've already admitted that I realize it is a contrary an opinion to many posters here.

And, honestly, I believe a case can be made for 3 of the D-men ( yes, Dahlin is one of them) to have been the top one so far this season.  (And I expect Montour to outplay all of them when he comes back. ? )

It's good that there can be a legit case made for more than one being the best for things they've done well; rather than like past seasons when the best was just the least bad of the bunch.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, New Guy said:

And Dan has said Eichel tower one too many times already this year

On 10/16/2019 at 9:22 PM, Doohickie said:

Do you know the origin of the phrase?  It came from Sabrespace.

On 10/16/2019 at 9:25 PM, Zamboni said:

I thought it come from the young kid who was making a tower of pucks as Eichel scored in his rookie year. He himself called it the Eichel tower 

On 10/16/2019 at 9:25 PM, Doohickie said:

Yes, the son of a forum member.   I wish I could remember who though!

We got the order of events wrong.  "Eichel Tower" was something that Dunleavy came up with.  The son of Sabrespace member (BetweenThePipes00) started building a literal Eichel Tower with one puck for each of Jack's goals and started a Twitter account showing the progress.  It led to a chance for him and his son to meet Jack when they played in Nashville, where they live.  Here's the thread with all the details.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I dont know how to take screen shots on my phone, but this thread showed up in my Google news feed. Instead of the icon of the Sabres its shows pi2000's jbot hold the picture of what I think is a half naked, fat Robin Lehner (maybe) it's hard to see.  Interesting though. love Google news feeds

Edited by miles
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It's actually this guy (not something I want to post on the open forum).  I think pi had to use him as an avatar after losing a bet.

Isnt it lehners face though on pi's image?  It's not that guy's face that you posted. It looks like its photoshopped 

On 10/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, Curt said:

Possible unpopular opinion:  Dahlin has been and will continue to be the Sabres best defenseman this season.

I don’t hold this opinion, but he has been an important contributor overall and especially on the PP, which has been a huge difference-maker for the team’s getting wins.  

On 10/17/2019 at 10:24 PM, Curt said:

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I don’t hold this opinion, but he has been an important contributor overall and especially on the PP, which has been a huge difference-maker for the team’s getting wins.  

Dahlin led our D-corps in WAR last season (at least 1000 mins played), so the data is there if you subscribe to it. As others have said, there's certainly an argument for a couple different guys so far this season but I'm leaning in the direction one might expect. 

45 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

correct and I had to put Leafs shorts on him due to complaints he was too sexy.

Whether Botterill is holding up the Sabres logo signifying Dahlin, or the picture of Auston Matthews letting himself go so severely,  it can only mean great things for the future of the Sabres. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.