GDT: Sabres at Ducks ?7p PT

pi2000

Just now, Thorny said:

I wouldn't call it regression as much as, it's now being game-planned for. We still have the horses, this is their first test of having to adjust the strategy. 

Concur. They are pressuring to not allow the set up. Which is baffling because Eichel and Dahlin have the ability to dance around those guys when they come in to pressure and instead look like they panick a bit.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Concur. They are pressuring to not allow the set up. Which is baffling because Eichel and Dahlin have the ability to dance around those guys when they come in to pressure and instead look like they panick a bit.

Probably seems twice as fast to them since it's not how teams were approaching them earlier. Coaching staff becomes most relevant now, once plan A is taken away. 

• Like (+1) 1

That was the 1st truly bad period of hockey they've had.  1 awful period every 20 sure beats what we were seeing the past few seasons.

Get the PP goal on the clean ice and get back to skating like the 1st 18 or so minutes tonight.  Force the Ducks to give them some space again.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Taro T said:

That was the 1st truly bad period of hockey they've had.  1 awful period every 20 sure beats what we were seeing the past few seasons.

Get the PP goal on the clean ice and get back to skating like the 1st 18 or so minutes tonight.  Force the Ducks to give them some space again.

I also agree with this. The problem I see is the Sabres don't have a lot of guys up front that can go body to body with Anaheim.

Not for nothing, but a guy like Ferland comes in handy in a game like this.

Girgs has the body size, but doesn't engage.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

OK now I see that Dahlin covered the puck after he got spilled into the wall. He's very lucky he didn't break a leg or ankle there.

Yeah.  This reffing is, umm, interesting tonight.  Swatting a stick near the opponent is a penalty but tackling guys (at least when you hold onto your stick) is fine.

Just now, triumph_communes said:

What makes me mad is that the Ducks aren’t beating the Sabres as much as it’s the Sabres beating themselves.  The Ducks aren’t that good and Gibson has been beat all night, but our own guys are choking on it. 

Hope Krueger gets them rolling. 

I'm the opposite. The Ducks are impressing the hell out of me. Some of their offensive zone sequences (especially when dictated by Getzlaf) reminded me of Detroit 12 years ago 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.