GDT: Dallas visits Buffalo Sabres Oct. 14th, 3pm ET, MSG and WGR550

jsb

45 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

a little strange to get an afternoon game when it's not a holiday for about 70% of the workforce.

It is for 100% of Canada which I'm sure will comprise a large portion of today's crowd.  It's annoying. I think I have an appointment I forgot about a 3 pm today, I'll need to tell my boss shortly to ensure I'm in good health. ?

Edited by inkman

@jsb Thanks and good start to the GDT. I think Barrasso should be fifth on your list, just to keep with his statistical prowess.

Let's go, Buffalo! And let's get this one squared away early (6-0 Sabres after 1) so I can watch an NFC North showdown at my local watering hole and keep tabs on this game via ComScan.

Edited by DarthEbriate

22 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

@jsb Thanks and good start to the GDT. I think Barrasso should be fifth on your list, just to keep with his statistical prowess.

Let's go, Buffalo! And let's get this one squared away early (6-0 Sabres after 1) so I can watch an NFC North showdown at my local watering hole and keep tabs on this game via ComScan.

3pm game. I think you'll be fine.

Sabres getting a little national pub

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27840395/the-nhl-best-worst-week-buffalo-sabres-real

AND:

Games of the week

Monday, Oct. 14: Dallas Stars at Buffalo Sabres

We just wrapped up the second week of the season, but the 1-4-1 Stars are already preaching the importance of the upcoming four-game road swing. "Everyone in here, including myself, needs to have a playoff mentality going on this road trip," Tyler Seguin told a reporter this week. "If you're chasing behind in this league, like everyone knows, that St. Louis season doesn't happen every year. " Meanwhile, you just read plenty of words about the Sabres' hot start.

Another chance to keep the home streak going. make our barn a tough place for any other team to come too.

I also want to see a PP that continues to put the fear of penalties in opposing teams.

Would be nice to see 4 lines working today but 3 outta 4 ain't bad either.   

The way the goalies have been used would tilt the nod to Hutton but I think Linus has been the better of the two. Curious to see if RK plays a hot hand or continues to split. 

Start the week putting some pep in our steps with a win.   Lets go Buf-fa-lo! 

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Dallas is probably going to come out desperate like CBJ did.  The Sabres will need good goaltending and to generally keep their cool and weather the storm.  A lively home crowd would be nice too.

Dallas shut us out both games last year too. So scoring a goal today would be nice.

Blowing two goal 3rd period leads the past two games has me a little nervous about today.  Over the last two games, they've also really come out of the gates slow(first 10 minutes or so).  I'd like to see a more solid 60 minute game.  Dallas is a really good team with above average goaltending despite what their record might indicate.  

Buffalo 4

Dallas 2

Skinner, Oloffson, Joker & Middelstadt

15 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Blowing two goal 3rd period leads the past two games has me a little nervous about today.  Over the last two games, they've also really come out of the gates slow(first 10 minutes or so).  I'd like to see a more solid 60 minute game.  Dallas is a really good team with above average goaltending despite what their record might indicate.  

Buffalo 4

Dallas 2

Skinner, Oloffson, Joker & Middelstadt

I am rooting for Mitts to get on the board 4 times today. ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.