Curtis Lazar Called Up

Brawndo

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

better shot. better goal scorer, tougher along the wall and in close. 

Umm, seriously, you're claiming that Sheary is "tough" along the wall and in close?

Don't claim that Okposo isn't all of those things you mentioned over Rodrigues.  But to claim Sheary and Okposo are closer to being doppelgangers than E-Rod and Conor are is an interesting take.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Umm, seriously, you're claiming that Sheary is "tough" along the wall and in close?

Don't claim that Okposo isn't all of those things you mentioned over Rodrigues.  But to claim Sheary and Okposo are closer to being doppelgangers than E-Rod and Conor are is an interesting take.

What is your problem with me? You dissect every single post and misread to your liking. Sheary has a better shot than ERod. Someone for Mitts to pass to who can put the puck in the net (maybe). ERod can't. The rest of the point was the difference between ERod and Kyle, not Kyle and Sheary. Kind of obvious if you took the time.

Maybe if you stopped trying to argue with me all the time and actually tried to read what's in my posts..........just maybe..........

17 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

What is your problem with me? You dissect every single post and misread to your liking. Sheary has a better shot than ERod. Someone for Mitts to pass to who can put the puck in the net (maybe). ERod can't. The rest of the point was the difference between ERod and Kyle, not Kyle and Sheary. Kind of obvious if you took the time.

Maybe if you stopped trying to argue with me all the time and actually tried to read what's in my posts..........just maybe..........

Dude, you're the 1 that said Sheary and Okposo were more similar than Sheary and Rodrigues and backed it up with being how apparently Sheary is strong along the boards and in front of the net.

Or was that how Okposo was significantly different than both?

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

Dude, you're the 1 that said Sheary and Okposo were more similar than Sheary and Rodrigues and backed it up with being how apparently Sheary is strong along the boards and in front of the net.

Or was that how Okposo was significantly different than both?

Okposo is more like Sheary than ERod is. 

23 minutes ago, Curt said:

I figure they must be somehow saving money doing it, but I don’t know enough to say how.  People have told me they aren’t saving on the cap, but if there isn’t a financial benefit, why do it?

Outside of cases where there’s an injury not worthy of IR, carry 22 has always been fairly standard. Why carry three healthy bodies on a daily basis if they’re not going to play? Also, with the one spot open, you allow for flexibility if you need to recall someone suddenly. 

Then there’s the waiver implications. Even if Lazar isn’t playing, he becomes waiver eligible again if he’s been on the NHL roster for a cumulative total of 30 days (10 games if you play). There’s no point to burning up any of that count if a guys is the second one in reserve. 

3 hours ago, Curt said:

I figure they must be somehow saving money doing it, but I don’t know enough to say how.  People have told me they aren’t saving on the cap, but if there isn’t a financial benefit, why do it?

It could be as simple as not wanting to have to reexpose Lazar to waivers when Montour is healthy and they have 23 healthy players on the roster not including Curtis.

(He'd have to repeat waivers after being on the roster a cumulative 10 games (or close to a month of time regardless of games the Sabres would have played).)

So, by sending him down today, they still could have him up for 6 more games before needing to expose him again to make him an Amerk yet again.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.