Trivia game: Match the historic game with its score

PASabreFan

Match the following historic games with their final scores.

The games:

Sabres lose to the Stars in Game 6 of the final on a disputed Brett Hull goal (1999)

Sabres' playoff run ends in loss to Flyers in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup final (1975)

Sabres beat the Leafs at the ACC to advance to their second Cup final (1999)

Sabres eliminate the Senators at HSBC Arena in only Game 7 victory in their history (1997)

Sabres win in Pittsburgh in their first-ever regular season game (1970)

Sabres clinch their first playoff berth by defeating the Blues at the Aud (1973)

Sabres rally to defeat Boston at the Aud in greatest comeback in team history (1983)

Sabres win in Montreal to earn their first trip to the Stanley Cup final (1975)

Sabres beat the Wings of the Soviet at Memorial Auditorium in exhibition game (1976)

Sabres beat the Hartford Whalers in final game at Memorial Auditorium (1996)

Sabres outlast the Devils in the wee hours in longest game in franchise history (1994)

Sabres lose to the Coyotes in critical "tank game" as many fans cheer defeat (2015)

Sabres fall to the Penguins at Ralph Wilson Stadium in the Winter Classic (2008)

The scores:

3-2

4-3

12-6

4-2

2-1

1-0

4-3

7-6

2-1

4-1

2-0

3-1

2-1

Edited by PASabreFan

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Sabres beat the Wings of the Soviet at Memorial Auditorium in exhibition game (1976)

My first Sabres game. My parents scored "a" ticket in the Orange. I went alone at age 14 -- the 1970s didn't have helicopter parents.

Sabres 12 - 6.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Lol...couldnt you just look up the answers on google?

Of course.  You can do that with any trivia thread.  But that's no fun.

I think the No Goal game was 2-1, and I know that @gris is correct on the Soviet game.

7-6 always brings to mind the first game of the Ottawa series in 2006, so I don't know that one.

I think the Winter Classic game was 3-2.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Of course.  You can do that with any trivia thread.  But that's no fun.

I think the No Goal game was 2-1, and I know that @gris is correct on the Soviet game.

7-6 always brings to mind the first game of the Ottawa series in 2006, so I don't know that one.

I think the Winter Classic game was 3-2.

You are 2-1-1. Two right, but WC was 2-1, as guessed above. I am counting your 7-6 comment as a tie. The answer is obvious in one of the clues.

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

You are 2-1-1. Two right, but WC was 2-1, as guessed above. I am counting your 7-6 comment as a tie. The answer is obvious in one of the clues.

I'm not 2-1-1.  Your question didn't include that game.  I'm 2-1. I appreciate the bonus point but no.

But Bruins comeback for the other 7-6.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.