GDT: Florida at Buffalo Sabres, October 11th, 7pm ET, MSG, ESPN+ and WGR550

jsb

12 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

If you ever need a ringer ?

we played last place team, lost 7-3.   ***** captain got 3 ringers from a higher league.   damn it pissed me off.

Worst thing is he started bragging about it too, his normal team didn't even get to play.  

Edited by Huckleberry

1 minute ago, ... said:

Got some hits from Vlad and Vesey during the second.  KO, too, of course, plus Risto and Dahlin.  The second period was their best.

Cool,

I have center ice but I don't pay extra for the post game show so good to know we are playing with some push back.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, R_Dudley said:

Cool,

I have center ice but I don't pay extra for the post game show so good to know we are playing with some push back.   

I think with Quenneville, we had to expect some major push-back during the third from Florida.

image.thumb.png.64355e4b9848f780e287649ac63be512.png

john c. mcginley laughing GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

Rough game for Dahlin and a few others.

Eichel had a few ups and downs but played well enough

The last goal was in large part due to a pair of uncalled penalties which ****** me off. Larsson's stick was broken and later Risto's stick was held by Barkov.

But in the end we still won so onward to Monday against Dallas! 

• Like (+1) 2

Individually, I’ve already tipped the cap to the Larry line, but that was the best game Linus has played for a while.

Vesey wasn’t good exactly, but it was his best effort, we finally saw some size and speed. Sobotka was actually good, making some positive defensive plays and sparking some offence with his physical play. Even showed a modicum of skill a few times to balance off his usual puck killing.

The game wasn’t entertaining in the way the Habs game was, but it was thrilling and hard-fought.

Didnt walk away with the usual sick feeling against the Panthers. I don’t care about their record, that’s a good Florida team. Wasn’t perfect but the middle 40 minutes were good. We fought hard, could have blown it open if not for Bob, and we won without the power play, or without the big guys carrying us.

Long season, but so far it seems like we have more confidence, depth, skill and speed. And a coach who seems to understand players and how to put them into positions to succeed.

Points matter. We got nine and only allowed 4 against five teams we are almost certainly battling against for a playoff spot.

First place boys and girls. 

Smile. It’s a lot better spot than where you’d thought you’d be on Oct. 11.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 6

The post game show said we gave away points to Mon and Fla. 

I don’t look at it that way. 

Mon and Fla the experts said are playoff teams and are superior teams to the Sabres.  The Sabres showed that they can skate with them, goaltend with them and beat them.  Both games were close but the Sabres found a way to win.  

I’ll take the extra point and say thanks. The team now knows they have nothing to fear from these teams.

• Like (+1) 3

Ralph again hammering his “calmness on the bench” “guys cheering so hard for the Larry line” “great opportunity for learning and growing” “pleased with the mindset of our guys” talking points without ever giving the impression that is what he’s doing.

Guy is a master at staying on point

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

They had the game on where I was, which was cool. I have to say, it's much easier to watch games in a cave by yourself. I see why men build them

Larsson and Zemgus and Kyle baby 

That's all I have to say. 

Watching Barkov against Eichel is like getting teeth pulled. I hate it so much and it's so painful 

The last ten minutes were like the Alamo of 2015-17

They were really good in the first two periods aside from a brief chunk early, which can adequately be described as the ebb and flow of a game between two solid teams

Florida is probably really annoyed but they'll win plenty of games this year with those forwards and that goalie. It's a loooooooooooooong season

But banking points early is wonderful and that's what we're doing 

• Like (+1) 3

Early things to watch for: Ralph has substantially changed his lines and presumably tactics with third period leads. Twice in a row now we've lost those leads, each of them a two goal lead. 

I wonder if he'll do anything different, or if he views that a fluke, or just a result of being outmatched by forward talent rather than explicitly giving different instructions. I also wonder if shortening the bench that much hurt the guys out there at the end. 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Linus appears to be regularly good in the shootouts, right? A nice feeling to have confidence in your goalie. And I feel like Jack has been better in those than earlier in his career.

I'm not sure what to think about Linus, yet.  He looks...better..?  Two games, though.  It's hard to tell.  That one that went in over his shoulder was the Linus of last year.  

As for the shootout?  Naw.

image.thumb.png.5a8eb6857ed98d9cdcf68fc617d4606e.png

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Early things to watch for: Ralph has substantially changed his lines and presumably tactics with third period leads. Twice in a row now we've lost those leads, each of those leads a two goal lead. 

I wonder if he'll do anything different, or if he views that a fluke, or just a result of being outmatched by forward talent rather than explicitly giving different instructions. But I do wonder if shortening the bench that much hurt the guys out there at the end. 

He is very Ruff-like in the thirds. I agree, this is something to watch and see if he changes his approach as the season goes on.  If he considers tonight's Alamo Mode failure a fluke, I wouldn't blame him thanks to Larry's broken stick. Still...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.