Rasmus Dahlin has been awesome at everything except...

matter2003

53 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

It seems to me that Dahlin isn't a very strong kid yet. Not a hard shot, not physical, knocked off the puck a little easier than others. I'm sure he's physically still growing and will improve in those areas, but that's about the only thing I can find that is a concern, albiet, a small one.

To me, I don’t see this as even a small concern. His write-up pre draft (vs his peers) was that he indeed has a physical element to his game and is even prone to levelling the big hit. He’s still only 19, a child, and he’s 19 for the ENTIRE season. 

He’ll still be a young player THREE seasons from now, forget that sometimes. I’m sure he’ll round out his strength and physicality. 

Edited by Thorny

48 minutes ago, Thorny said:

To me, I don’t see this as even a small concern. His write-up pre draft (vs his peers) was that he indeed has a physical element to his game and is even prone to levelling the big hit. He’s still only 19, a child, and he’s 19 for the ENTIRE season. 

He’ll still be a young player THREE seasons from now, forget that sometimes. I’m sure he’ll round out his strength and physicality. 

And that is where a huge disconnect between expectations and results stems from.  The kid has the tools and will be an annual Norris contender for ~10 years.

But right now, though he's scoring, his game has a lot of room for improvement.  There's a reason he's getting benched in 1 goal games and hasn't taken any PK time.  He's going to be the best Sabre D-man of all time, but he's not there yet.  And that's isn't 'hating'. (You want that, we need to talk about Vlad. ? )

Edited by Taro T

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And that is where a huge disconnect between expectations and results stems from.  The kid has the tools and will be an annual Norris contender for ~10 years.

But right now, though he's scoring, his game has a lot of room for improvement.  There's a reason he's getting benched in 1 goal games and hasn't taken any PK time.  He's going to be the best Sabre D-man of all time, but he's not there yet.  And that's isn't 'haven't. (You want that, we need to talk about Vlad. ? )

Right, he was benched, and then they gave up a 2 goal lead. Krueger is not above questioning here because they won the shootout. 

Agree though in general, with one caveat: we all know the Norris nominations are littered with the guys who score the most points anyways, regardless of other aspects. It’s often said to be the “d man who scores the most” award, rightly or wrongly. 

If Dahlin is leading all D in points at the end of the year, like he is now, he’ll get nominated, the rest of his game be damned, if we are being honest. 

Edited by Thorny
The Vlad bit is flying over my head, sorry haha

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Right, he was benched, and then they gave up a 2 goal lead. Krueger is not above questioning here because they won the shootout. 

Agree though in general, with one caveat: we all know the Norris nominations are littered with the guys who score the most points anyways, regardless of other aspects. It’s often said to be the “d man who scores the most” award, rightly or wrongly. 

If Dahlin is leading all D in points at the end of the year, like he is now, he’ll get nominated, the rest of his game be damned, if we are being honest. 

The Vlad bit was supposed to say "hating" .  Mother ####### phone spell checker is a special kind of moronic.  And a lot of its 'fixes ' get missed unfortunately.

15 minutes ago, Taro T said:

The Vlad bit was supposed to say "hating" .  Mother ####### phone spell checker is a special kind of moronic.  And a lot of its 'fixes ' get missed unfortunately.

Damn you, @Taro T

With my pedantic personality you don’t wanna know how long I spent on that lmao

• Haha (+1) 1

Speaking of Dahlin, it really appears that Krueger is working on teaching him how to play defense and be a well rounded player. I really hope he picks it up and we see the light come on because if he can be above average in his own zone, the things he can do in the offensive zone will shine even more. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.