Sign in to follow this  
WildCard

Risto Under Ralph Krueger

On 10/17/2019 at 5:40 PM, Thorny said:

Well, the stats show his play has declined. It may not add anything to your view of the games you've watched if you are watching the same games I am. The stats seem reflective of the eye test, to me. 

the sample size is way too small to draw any conclusions. Are we really going to conclude anything based on a trend of the last 3 games? A good comparator would be to look at other Sabre’s D during this same period. My guess they haven’t been playing well either over the last 3 game stretch. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, kas23 said:

the sample size is way too small to draw any conclusions. Are we really going to conclude anything based on a trend of the last 3 games? A good comparator would be to look at other Sabre’s D during this same period. My guess they haven’t been playing well either over the last 3 game stretch. 

Right, that’s why you’ll notice the very first words in my original post was “still early..” 

I was sharing information, not passing judgment, and I framed it that way from the beginning. 

Edited by Thorny

15 hours ago, Thorny said:

Right, that’s why you’ll notice the very first words in my original post was “still early..” 

I was sharing information, not passing judgment, and I framed it that way from the beginning. 

I wasn’t passing any judgement on you, more so to the guy who wrote the tweet. It was unfair and lacked any interpretable value. That’s all. 

"I was actually thinking the other day, he might be the best coach I ever had, for sure, in sport and pro hockey,” Rasmus Ristolainen said Tuesday in Anaheim. “It’s been really good. He knows what we’re going through, how we feel. He’s maintaining the schedule, his practice days really well."

https://buffalonews.com/2019/10/19/buffalo-sabres-ralph-krueger-jack-eichel-jeff-skinner-marcus-johansson-nhl-news-2019/

On 10/18/2019 at 12:58 PM, SwampD said:

In an ideal world, this would be true. The frustrating thing for me is that the numbers don't tell us everything yet, because there are not numbers for every single aspect of the game yet. Then, those who rely so heavily on the numbers often only see what the numbers are telling them, ignoring all the other aspects of the game that there are no numbers for yet.

FTFY. :)