Sabres radio

miles

I live in nj, so I dont know the local stations but found 550 on a commercial from the game last night. they said kruegar talks on Monday's with them

Does this channel have a set schedule for when they only talk sabres. I dont care about football or any other sports really. 

It would be awesome if I could fill my work day with Sabres talk.

Is there any other stations that also talk about the Sabres 

5 minutes ago, miles said:

I live in nj, so I dont know the local stations but found 550 on a commercial from the game last night. they said kruegar talks on Monday's with them

Does this channel have a set schedule for when they only talk sabres. I dont care about football or any other sports really. 

They talk to Krueger on WGR at 8am Wednesday mornings. When football season is happening, they talk Sabres from 10am-12pm Tuesday - Friday with the Instigators. That show is better when Martin Biron participates. They talk intermitently about hockey in the mornings from 7-10am but there is a lot of football talk. 12pm-3pm is solely football talk mon-fri. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, shrader said:

Out of curiosity, are you a Sabre fan who never actually lived in the area?  I have a hard time picturing someone who did live there and is just learning that WGR exists through an in-game commercial.

Dude its Miles Wood.  He isn't letting on ya know cause of his team mates ?

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

When the Sabres are a hot topic, good or bad, Schopp and the Bulldog from 3 to 6 will talk a lot of hockey.

Schopp and the Bulldog broadcast live from 716 each home gameday and have Rob Ray as a guest at 4pm on those broadcasts. They also get Jason Botterill on once a month during the season to talk all things Sabres.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

When football season is happening, they talk Sabres from 10am-12pm Tuesday - Friday with the Instigators. That show is better when Martin Biron participates.

I think this show is real entertaining. Peters and Rivet have great chemistry. I listen pretty much every day at work.

They have three regular guests-

Wed- Jeremy Roenick

Thur- Elliott Friedman

Fri- Darren Dreger

Enjoy, Miles!

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Out of curiosity, are you a Sabre fan who never actually lived in the area?  I have a hard time picturing someone who did live there and is just learning that WGR exists through an in-game commercial.

Yes, I have only ever lived in Nj. In the past I would only see the Sabres when they played the devils, rangers flyers or islanders. the last several years I got the nhl.tv subscription so I can see the Sabres home feed. Up until now, I never cared to listen to sports radio, but I really have liked listening to the kruegar press conferences. When I saw he did a show one day a week I thought I would like to listen. This morning it dawned on me that I can listen through the internet now and be able to enjoy the Sabres more than a couple times a week 

I have only been to 2 Sabres games live, 1 in nj and 1 in philly. This year we are going to buffalo to be a home fan. It will be glorious 

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, miles said:

Yes, I have only ever lived in Nj. In the past I would only see the Sabres when they played the devils, rangers flyers or islanders. the last several years I got the nhl.tv subscription so I can see the Sabres home feed. Up until now, I never cared to listen to sports radio, but I really have liked listening to the kruegar press conferences. When I saw he did a show one day a week I thought I would like to listen. This morning it dawned on me that I can listen through the internet now and be able to enjoy the Sabres more than a couple times a week 

I have only been to 2 Sabres games live, 1 in nj and 1 in philly. This year we are going to buffalo to be a home fan. It will be glorious 

And what drew you to the team, family?

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

And what drew you to the team, family?

I love telling this story because it's kind if funny.

In the early/mid 90's I decided to try watching a hockey game. The islanders happened to be on, playing someone. I really loved watching it. I decided to be an islanders fan. The very next game the islanders played the Sabres. 

This was the first time I saw dominic hasek. I was amazed by him. So many spectacular saves. I was so excited to watch his play, I started to root for him to make good saves. By the end of the game I realized I was beginning to root for the Sabres, not the islanders. 

I remember watching the Sabres play a game against the devils that went into 2 or 3 in the morning. I remember cheering and my mother coming in and yelling at me because there was school. If I remember correctly there was 2 in a row that went late. One the Sabres lost 1-0, and the next they won

When hasek got traded I was devastated, but the Sabres were my team

Edited by miles
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You can get the radio.com App and then it will actually send you notifications from WGR everytime a guest is going to be on the show...sometimes annoying but its a good reminder for things like that...you can also go and listen to any of the interviews they have done in the audio vault in case you can't catch them live(either through the app or on the site itself). Be warned if you listen to it through the radio.com app you will need to sit through the same lame commercials like 50 times in a 3 hour period because apparently they only have 1 or 2 they rotate on a given day.

Edited by matter2003

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

You can get the radio.com App and then it will actually send you notifications from WGR everytime a guest is going to be on the show...sometimes annoying but its a good reminder for things like that...you can also go and listen to any of the interviews they have done in the audio vault in case you can't catch them live(either through the app or on the site itself)

Unfortunately I only have a company cell phone. No personal cell phone. I don't really install anything on it.  I installed the onebuffalo app to try to buy tickets,  but its been removed. 

Just now, miles said:

Unfortunately I only have a company cell phone. No personal cell phone. I don't really install anything on it.  I installed the onebuffalo app to try to buy tickets,  but its been removed. 

Gotcha...well, you can always go to the website I believe on the phone and tune in live or listen to the audiovault...might need to set it to desktop settings to get it working properly where it doesn't try an send you to  the radio.com app

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Gotcha...well, you can always go to the website I believe on the phone and tune in live or listen to the audiovault...might need to set it to desktop settings to get it working properly where it doesn't try an send you to  the radio.com app

I found on Google the radio site. I bookmarked it now. Thanks

Edit, I found I can play old broadcasts. It's nice. This should keep me busy for a while

Edited by miles

2 hours ago, miles said:

I found on Google the radio site. I bookmarked it now. Thanks

Edit, I found I can play old broadcasts. It's nice. This should keep me busy for a while

The WGR site has a on-demand page where every show and interview is stored. So, if you miss a interview like Krueger or Friedman, it'll be on-demand.

2 hours ago, miles said:

o 2 Sabres games live, 1 in nj and 1 in philly. This year we are going to buffalo to be a home fan. It will be glorious 

Which game? Let us know if you need any suggestions or tips on Buffalo.

19 minutes ago, Reino23 said:

The WGR site has a on-demand page where every show and interview is stored. So, if you miss a interview like Krueger or Friedman, it'll be on-demand.

Which game? Let us know if you need any suggestions or tips on Buffalo.

He had a thread about it a while back.  There might be some suggestions there you might want to weigh in on.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, miles said:

There are also Sabres podcasts. I'm not quite up-to-date on those as some might be, but I know they're out there.

Die By The Blade, Two In The Box, Charging Buffalo, Crossing Swords, Half-Hour Hockey Show (Kevin Sylvester)...there might be even more than that.

You can find them all on Twitter.

Here are some in my preferred order...

Half-Hour Hockey Show: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/half-hour-hockey-show

Beyond The Blade Podcast: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/beyond-the-blade

Two In The Box Instigator Podcast: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/chris-ostrander/the-instigator-podcast

Charging Buffalo Podcast: 

Crossing Swords Podcast: 

I don't typically listen to amateur podcasts, but some of these are insightful (especially Kevin Sylvester)...you might like them.

If you have an iPhone, they are all in the Podcasts app...plus some like Bob McKenzie, Puck Soup, Biscuits, Executive Suite, John Scott, Hockey Prospects, etc.

Edited by OhMyDahlin

21 hours ago, miles said:

I love telling this story because it's kind if funny.

In the early/mid 90's I decided to try watching a hockey game. The islanders happened to be on, playing someone. I really loved watching it. I decided to be an islanders fan. The very next game the islanders played the Sabres. 

This was the first time I saw dominic hasek. I was amazed by him. So many spectacular saves. I was so excited to watch his play, I started to root for him to make good saves. By the end of the game I realized I was beginning to root for the Sabres, not the islanders. 

I remember watching the Sabres play a game against the devils that went into 2 or 3 in the morning. I remember cheering and my mother coming in and yelling at me because there was school. If I remember correctly there was 2 in a row that went late. One the Sabres lost 1-0, and the next they won

When hasek got traded I was devastated, but the Sabres were my team

This is great!  

I have a similar story.  I have a friend who is a Flyers fan.  When we were in middle school (10ish yrs old), I was over at his house one day and they had the Flyers game on......against Buffalo.  I saw Hasek make several acrobatic saves, including the cartwheel stuff he used to do.  I’d never seen anything like it.  I’ve been a Sabres fan ever since.

Best goalie ever as far as I’m concerned.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.