GDT: Montreal at Buffalo Sabres Oct.9th, 7pm ET, MSG-RSN and WGR 550

jsb

That's the problem with waiving KO.  You still count all but ~$1M in the cap, but you still have to pay someone about the same amount, or more, to replace him.

With Moulson, he was so putrid that they didn't want him on the team.  They didn't even want him near the prospects.  So they put him out to pasture in Ontario, CA.  He was so bad that it didn't matter that they still were paying his salary, they wanted to give his roster spot to someone else.

3 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I watched the OT goal a few times and, while the Sabres have been playing very well (mostly), they are also getting some puck luck bounces going their way.

Jack's shot bounced off the Montreal guy's stick and went right to our guy who made a great pass to that other guy (the Swedish guy) there and he made the great one time shot that no goalie could have stopped.  Just like that they stopped the game, cus the Sabres won.

Without the puck luck bounce there would not have been the great pass and then the great shot and who knows what might have happened.

Montreal’s puck luck far exceeded ours that game.  Same in Columbus. 

• Like (+1) 2

My 15 yr old daughter plays me like a fiddle I swear.

Leah: "The Sabres are good, I want to go to the game tomorrow. Mom, why can't we go to the game"?

My 23 yr old daughter, Alyssa:"I can sell you tickets, we (her and her bf) have 11 games".

Mom: "No"

Me: "What seats, 300 lvl"?

Alyssa: "yea"

Me: "well that just won't do" (gets on vivvid, 6 seats section 223, row 2.

Me: "there, now mom, me, alyssa, her bf, and you can go Leah, pick a friend to take"

Leah: "my friend can go, thanks dad"

Dad happy, Alyssa and bf happy, Leah and friend happy, mom tells dad...."your such a pushover"......dad tells mom....."it's Why I'm her favorite hobey" ?

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I mean do they?  I think this is one of those things that people think the Sabres are the only team that ever suffers from this...Toronto was up 4-1 in the 3rd period against the Canadiens the other day and lost 6-5 in a S/O.  Last time I checked the Leafs are a pretty damn good team.  Can we please just stop with the "the Sabres are the only team in the NHL that doesn't play 60 minutes every night" or "the Sabres are the only team in the NHL that gives up 2 goal leads in the 3rd period" narratives? It is completely incorrect and just frustrating to keep reading when clearly other teams have a lot of the same issues to varying degrees.

are they? Four good forwards, an aging goalie, a suspect defense and they miss Kadri. They just might not be as good as people think they are. 

As for the rest, I never said Sabres were the only team suffering from that, just that they did suffer from that over the last......quite a while actually. 

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

Olofsson has been ok on that line, but he hasn't produced like Skinner. All his goals are on the PP, so presumably he'd have them anyways even if he was skating elsewhere. Skinner scores his at ES. 

"Olofsson has been ok on that line, but he hasn't produced like Skinner"

Wow, you say that like Olofsson has played in the NHL as long as Skinner have, this comment amazes me, give the kid a break and maybe when the season is done hes outdone your sarcasm.

In other words, Olofsson has been fkn awesome, there is litterly nothing else to ask from this kid