GDT: Montreal at Buffalo Sabres Oct.9th, 7pm ET, MSG-RSN and WGR 550

jsb

2 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Dahlin didn’t deserve to be out there in OT.  Easily his worst game as a pro.  He was horrid.

Totally disagree.  He was out there by design.  After the power play, Krueger made sure he had a second strong line on the ice.  

Dahlin should always get 3v3 and 4v 4 ice time ...  always. 

• Like (+1) 1

Chaotic game. But Montreal is a good team, but I felt like they lost their legs mid game and if they didn’t we were in trouble. Still hope as the season goes on the passing will improve.  

Hutton saved quite a few close ones. Don’t blame him for any of the goals against. 

Only liability out there was Vesey. He has no urgency and is slow.  Krueger has work to do there. 

Dahlin with the hiccup leading to a goal and a really weak penalty for the other.  He will be fine. 

Rodrigues doesn’t quite appear to understand the system yet. I see why he’s been benched.  Sobotka sucks. Want to see Tage in place of either of them. 

Eichel for a second game is punished for being weak on the puck along the boards.  He shot the puck and was rewarded tonight.  

Really like Miller and Johansson. Great off season pick ups. 

Entertaining hockey.  Points in every game, can’t complain too much. 

• Like (+1) 4

This was a pretty evenly contested game and Buffalo was able to come out on top.  It wasn’t a drubbing like any of the first 3.

EDIT:  wow.  Didn’t realize the the shots favored Buffalo so much.  Still fell like scoring chances were pretty close.

Edited by Curt

2 minutes ago, Curt said:

This was a pretty evenly contested game and Buffalo was able to come out on top.  It wasn’t a drubbing like any of the first 3.

EDIT:  wow.  Didn’t realize the the shots favored Buffalo so much.  Still fell like scoring chances were pretty close.

I hear you.  The game looked relatively even, except for he moments when the Sabres played like they did in the first two games, and the moments when they looked like the Sabres in February last season.

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Totally disagree.  He was out there by design.  After the power play, Krueger made sure he had a second strong line on the ice.  

Dahlin should always get 3v3 and 4v 4 ice time ...  always. 

Nope. Kreuger said before he "lives the game" and Dahlin was not having a good game. You can see Kreuger definitely looks at more defensively responsible players in key moments. Johanson for the OT over Olofsson. Err on the side of caution and experience - and it worked.

Good win, pretty equal teams really but the PP won it. Hutton was average at best, ERod was meh, sloppy game at times that made me wish we still had Armia. I can see some troubling things but in a win I don't want to focus on that. Suffice it to say Kreuger has to teach them it takes 60 minutes every night and you need to keep working all the time and not live off your laurels. A consistent work ethic is what this team needs to go along with the obvious talent.

But this if fun so far. 

Just now, Andrew Amerk said:

I guess I see a different game than some of you. 

A pair of apples, and Dahlin is having a bad game? If he wasn’t in the lineup at all, we would have lost tonight. 

Dahlin had the game he always has. Some amazing play sprinkled with some really bad gaffs that for some reason seem to end up in our net.

He's 19. He's awesome.

• Like (+1) 8