GDT: Montreal at Buffalo Sabres Oct.9th, 7pm ET, MSG-RSN and WGR 550

jsb

8 minutes ago, Curt said:

In 3 games, the top 6 forwards have 4 ES goals.  It’s something, but it’s not a lot.  Something to watch going forward.

Penalties are a part of hockey.  Let's re-visit ES metrics after 10 games.

1 hour ago, Beer said:

How many more games does Vlad get before Head Coach Ralph Krueger is forced to adjust the lines?  10... 20?  I would think Erod or Tage would give us more scoring prowess on the 2nd line.  I thought about KO but he seems to be playing well on the 4th line with Larry & Z.  He has a bit more jump in his step this season (a least to my eye).

With the team right up at the cap, there's some significant amount of cap gymnastics required to replace Sobotka with someone in the AHL like Thompson.  That $3.5 million cap hit doesn't just go away short of some very specific scenarios playing out.  So if you're going to replace him on the game day roster, it's tough to have it be anyone but the one spare forward, Erod.

29 minutes ago, ... said:

Penalties are a part of hockey.  Let's re-visit ES metrics after 10 games.

Yes.  Let’s give it a few more games.

Are you talking about the top lines drawing penalties or about those players production on the PP?

Because when we talk about the play of a certain line, that’s ES.  Special teams are a different animal with different player combinations.

I'll just drop this beaut' right here ...

IMO, this is the greatest goal in Sabres history.  It was against the storied Canadiens and sent the Sabres on their way to the final.

The second best goal in Sabre history was the May Day goal, as it eliminated those most dastardly of the dastardly Bruins after years of futility.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Team 5v5 CF% by center through three games:

Eichel (50:22) 49.5%

Johansson (37:45) 55.2%

Mittelstadt (26:12) 41.9%

Larsson (32:19) 68.5%

5v5 Offensive Zone Start %: 

Eichel 67.9%

Johansson 47.4%

Mittelstadt 71.4%

Larsson 31.6%

Not only is the Larsson line kicking opponents' ***** in shots allowed vs taken, they're doing it while starting more often in the neutral and defensive zones.  Not considered: quality of competition.

Edited by IKnowPhysics
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

IMO, this is the greatest goal in Sabres history.  It was against the storied Canadiens and sent the Sabres on their way to the final.

The second best goal in Sabre history was the May Day goal, as it eliminated those most dastardly of the dastardly Bruins after years of futility.

That goalie equipment.  Wow.

6 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Team 5v5 CF% by center through three games:

Eichel (50:22) 49.5%

Johansson (37:45) 55.2%

Mittelstadt (26:12) 41.9%

Larsson (32:19) 68.5%

5v5 Offensive Zone Start %: 

Eichel 67.9%

Johansson 47.4%

Mittelstadt 71.4%

Larsson 31.6%

Not only is the Larsson line kicking opponents' ***** in shots allowed vs taken, they're doing it while starting more often in the neutral and defensive zones.  Not considered: quality of competition.

I don’t think the third line has looked as bad as those indicate. Though they’ve gone largely unnoticed on the ice by me, so it’s not too surprising.

Eichel has looked the strongest he’s ever looked in his back-checking  and d-zone play. I’m surprised to see his line starting that high in the o-zone, I thought it would be closer to 50/50. I also didn’t seem them being that outplayed. I guess you can’t backcheck without losing the puck first. 

8 hours ago, SDS said:

129-113-41 against the Canadiens.

I find this shocking for some reason. 

I still remember when the French Connection came together and we knocked them out of the playoffs even though they were heavily favored. It was a joyous time way back in my youth.

I want to see us begin to develop home ice domination now. They're playing the back up and thinking of the next one at home so let's blow them out!

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Where are you that you can't get the stream?

I’m in the gta.  Don’t have cable so I have nhl.tv and have watched all of the others.  Even if it was Toronto I could maybe see it but Montreal?  Says I’m blacked out for the area.  Wish it was like Sunday ticket where you actually get all games including local. 

Just now, Derrico said:

I’m in the gta.  Don’t have cable so I have nhl.tv and have watched all of the others.  Even if it was Toronto I could maybe see it but Montreal?  Says I’m blacked out for the area.  Wish it was like Sunday ticket where you actually get all games including local. 

That's super weird. I'd actually expect you to be completely blacked out in the Toronto market since the Sabres are technically a part of it. 

You're just gonna have to get a VPN.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

That's super weird. I'd actually expect you to be completely blacked out in the Toronto market since the Sabres are technically a part of it. 

You're just gonna have to get a VPN.

Ya I know nothing about that but looks like I have some research to do.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Did Schony just freeze the puck behind the net? The forward didn’t even dig at the puck 

15 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I think it’s a national game in Canada, no?

Im not blacked out because I’m a Rogers customer, but I think those who aren’t are blacked out.

Or at least that’s what I remember from a few years ago.