GDT: Montreal at Buffalo Sabres Oct.9th, 7pm ET, MSG-RSN and WGR 550

jsb

image.thumb.png.13c1712b1b002d5839193f8d34422b56.pngVSimage.thumb.png.571cb07d499fe54cb1449f754dd8b04f.png

Your Buffalo Sabres have opened the season with a 3 game point streak and are only behind the undefeated Bruins, Hurricanes and the team from Washington in points in the Eastern Conference. Things to be optimistic about this team are 5 players in the top 46 in scoring (without Jack on the list), 5th in the league in goals per game, 1st in power play goals and 2 players in the top 10 in +/-.  We should see a very fast paced game today so it should be a fun game to watch. ERod is most likely taking the injured Sheary's spot on the 3rd line which hopefully gives that line a boost. 

CANADIENS at SABRES

• This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Canadiens this season.
  • Last meeting: Montreal defeated Buffalo 7-4 in Montreal on March 23.
  • Next meeting: Thursday, Jan. 30 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Canadiens; 5-3-2 at home.
  • This is the 284th game all-time between Buffalo and Montreal; Buffalo has a 129-113-41 series record.
  • The Sabres are 74-40-27 at home against the Canadiens all-time.

THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW

The Sabres are 2-0-1 through three games. It’s the first time Buffalo has started a season with points in three straight games since the team went 4-0-1 through its first five games of the 2009-10 season.

Buffalo is looking to start the season with wins in both of the team’s first two home games for the first time since the 2008-09 season, when they won the first three.

Through three games, the Sabres have already gotten points from 14 different players this season. Rasmus Dahlin (1+4), Victor Olofsson (3+1) and Sam Reinhart (2+2) have all tallied at least a point in each of the team’s first three contests.

The Sabres went 7-4-3 at home against the Atlantic Division last season, including wins against the Canadiens on Oct. 25 and Nov. 23. A win tonight would give the Sabres wins in three straight visits from the Canadiens for the first time since March 12, 2012 to Feb. 7, 2013.

Continuing the 50th Anniversary IMO the greatest Right Wingers in Sabres History: All stats are Sabre records:

image.png.724bd0f338911dce10b9c938cc878296.png

Renee Robert: 9th in Goals, 5th in assists, 6th in points, 5th in Goals Created, 7th in Even Strength Goals, 8th in Game Winning Goals, 7th in Shots, tied for 10th in Hat Tricks, 8th in Goals per game, 4th in Assists per game and 5th in Points per game

image.png.0da880a7ff8aee8da33637d4b147bc09.png

Danny Gare: 4th in Goals, 10 in Points, 6th in Goals created, 5th in +/-, 5th in Even Strength Goals, 9th in Power Play Goals, 6th in Game Winning Goals, 5th in Shots, tied for 3ed in Hat Tricks, 4th in Goals per game and 9th in Points per game

image.png.e6848d0ca96e9e833112ffc3ec24b0d0.png

Alexander Mogilny: 5th in Power Play Goals, tied for 3rd in Hat Tricks, 3rd in Goals per game, 8th in Assists per game, 2nd in Points per game, 76 goals in 1992-93 Season

image.png.d19c733db73647d6590457febe192c9e.png

Jason Pominville: 8th in Games Played, 8th in Assists, 8th in Points, 9th in Even Strength Goals, 6th in Short Handed Goals, 4th in Shots

image.png.3b834caa4a75a8947ef078f79bee8f86.png

Mike Foligno: 7th in Goals, 9th in Points, 7th in Goals Created, 9th in +/-, 2nd in Penalty Minutes, 6th in Even Strength Goals, 3rd in Game Winning Goals, 6th in shooting Percentage, tied for 10th in Hat Tricks, 

image.png.0d05293815a0358cce42e4e4173f0a3c.png     LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 2

I'm back home and back to work today, I'll be trying my best to watch in between dealing with patients. Would love to see a bounce back against a "smaller/less physical" team. 

Also, if we lose, it's proof that I shouldn't come back home ever and that I should immediately be fired and should leave the country ??

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm back home and back to work today, I'll be trying my best to watch in between dealing with patients. Would love to see a bounce back against a "smaller/less physical" team. 

Also, if we lose, it's proof that I shouldn't come back home ever and that I should immediately be fired and should leave the country ??

If it helps, I don't think it was you who jinxed us, I think it was d4rksabre who didn't keep the superstitious josie wales of this site, who kills everything Sabre, from watching the game like he promised. Or I think he did. If not, rack it up to "I don't think so good anymore" excuse.

Edited by jsb

9 minutes ago, jsb said:

If it helps, I don't think it was you who jinxed us, I think it was d4rksabre who didn't keep the superstitious josie wales of this site, who kills everything Sabre, from watching the game like he promised. Or I think he did. If not, rack it up to "I don't think so good anymore" excuse.

Josie didn't watch the game! I was right! Superstition is bunk!

• Haha (+1) 1

Buffalo needs to go hard on the forecheck. Montreal has a mediocre defense core and they also have some young forwards who you can force into mistakes. It will be interesting to see what Krueger does to keep their feet moving after a lackluster performance in Columbus. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Keith Kinkaid expected to get the start in net for Montreal 

.891 sv% in 41gp for NJ last year

We better dominate this game tonight. I hope somebody launches Domi into the waterfront while we're at it

Edited by WildCard

2 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

Big game against a big divsion rival. Need to bounce back from Monday, especially starting a 3 game home stand. Hopefully our barn can have some level of energy near to opening night. There won't be the pregame stuff to get the fans riled up, so we need a strong start.

Barn energy may be dependent upon how many Mo Ray All fans will be in the building. 

28 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Barn energy may be dependent upon how many Mo Ray All fans will be in the building. 

Yeah. That's always the case with Toronto and to a lesser degree Ottawa too. Probably a few others.

I'm sure there are a few others. I'm coming up to Buffalo for the 11/16 game against Ottawa. I'm hoping there won't be too many Sens fans.