Updated Injury Report EDIT Sheary now Week to Week

Brawndo

Just now, miles said:

I mean this with respect, but Bogo seems to be injured more than he plays. 

I dont remember when he wasn't on ir for long periods of time

Last year he actually played the majority of the season. But before that, yea he’s another version of Tim “glass bones” Connelly. 

1 hour ago, miles said:

Since the start of the 15-16 season (his first full year) Bogo appears to have played 203 of 331 total games, or 61%

15-16 64 82
16-17 56 82
17-18 18 82
18-19 65 82
19-20 0 3
61% 203 331

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

Last year he actually played the majority of the season. But before that, yea he’s another version of Tim “glass bones” Connelly. 

The label is so unfair to Connolly.  Was there ever a so called "bone" injury?  The guy had his brain scrambled and was never able to fully recover from that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, miles said:

If More Cap Space if needed by placing him on LTIR

And Connolly was never the same after his concussion. The way he was playing in those playoffs they probably win the Cup if he doesn’t get concussed.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

Since the start of the 15-16 season (his first full year) Bogo appears to have played 203 of 331 total games, or 61%

15-16 64 82
16-17 56 82
17-18 18 82
18-19 65 82
19-20 0 3
61% 203 331

I didn't say it with any factual information.  It was meant like "boy, he is always hurt"  

He isnt always hurt literally 

12 minutes ago, miles said:

I didn't say it with any factual information.  It was meant like "boy, he is always hurt"  

He isnt always hurt literally 

He’s the second highest paid defenseman on the team and has not completed a full season since he has been in Buffalo. 

That’s not good enough and as I said in the off-season, if there is a need to LTIR him to create cap space, go for it. 

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

He’s the second highest paid defenseman on the team and has not completed a full season since he has been in Buffalo. 

In four seasons as a regular on the roster, Jake McCabe has averaged 66 games per year, and hasn't hit 60 games played in the last couple of seasons.  Rugged defensemen get dinged up; it comes with the territory.  In the case of Bogo, he has had essentially "chronic" injuries that he's corrected with surgery over the last two off-seasons (driving his late start each time).  I am not going to condemn him as especially fragile.  I hope when he does return this season, his wheels are fixed and his chronic problems are behind him.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s not good enough and as I said in the off-season, if there is a need to LTIR him to create cap space, go for it. 

If they need the space, they'll do it without even blinking an eye.  He's essentially in that spot already, but there's no purpose to making that official unless they do need the space.

46 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

In four seasons as a regular on the roster, Jake McCabe has averaged 66 games per year, and hasn't hit 60 games played in the last couple of seasons.  Rugged defensemen get dinged up; it comes with the territory.  In the case of Bogo, he has had essentially "chronic" injuries that he's corrected with surgery over the last two off-seasons (driving his late start each time).  I am not going to condemn him as especially fragile.  I hope when he does return this season, his wheels are fixed and his chronic problems are behind him.

McCabe is the 5th Highest Paid D-Man  making 2.29 Million less than Bogo

On a team that is up against the salary cap for this season, not being to get any contribution for someone who takes up 6% of said cap hurts the team overall.  Fortunately two of their Top 6 are on ELCs to help off set this. 

Edited by Brawndo
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

But they don't have any extra forwards now.  I don't think they will want to head out on a road trip without at least one extra.

It will probably be TT, but maybe Asplund.

It'll depend if they're going to play or sit. If it'll be a sitting position I'm guessing someone like Smith or another vet comes up. If they'll play it'll most likely be one of the young guys. Why bring a young guy up when he can play big minutes in Rochester.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.