• Danny Briere
    • Miro Satan
    • Chris Drury
    • Stu Barnes
    • Derek Roy
    • Sam Reinhart
    • Other

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I have closed this poll.  I'm sorry for not moving on sooner, but my Mom passed away on Monday after a very long illness and it's been a pretty horrible week.  The Sabres winning today will help.

Anyway.  I was planning to run a tiebreaker poll, but members have made that unnecessary.

17. Turgeon

18. Peca

19. Vanek

20. Pominville

I will keep the remaining players up for the next poll as all but Roy received votes.

The Next poll will be for 21-25.  Vote for 5.

So sorry to hear this.  Stay strong.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I have closed this poll.  I'm sorry for not moving on sooner, but my Mom passed away on Monday after a very long illness and it's been a pretty horrible week.  The Sabres winning today will help.

Anyway.  I was planning to run a tiebreaker poll, but members have made that unnecessary.

17. Turgeon

18. Peca

19. Vanek

20. Pominville

I will keep the remaining players up for the next poll as all but Roy received votes.

Very saddened for your loss.  Will say a prayer for her and your family.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Time to show some love for Zhitnik.  He had a reputation for a wild and unpredictable shot, but he was a pretty good defender for a lot of years. 

My other votes for Campbell, Hajt and Satan. 

Jochen Hecht can confirm that reputation was well deserved. ?

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

17. Turgeon

18. Peca

19. Vanek

20. Pominville

Sorry to hear about your Mom.  Extra prayers sent for her, you and your family.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Time to show some love for Zhitnik.  He had a reputation for a wild and unpredictable shot, but he was a pretty good defender for a lot of years. 

Agreed.  Played at a high level for a long time.  He should be next.

28 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

This is Jack and Sam’s 5th season.  Drury, Peca, Briere and Turgeon were here as long or less

Jack hasn’t done enough yet for a vote. Surely not as much as Peca, Briere, and Drury.

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Time to show some love for Zhitnik.  He had a reputation for a wild and unpredictable shot, but he was a pretty good defender for a lot of years. 

Hajt is above all of them all and  worthy of top 20 IMO.  

I think Korab is equal or better than Zhitnik, it’s close.  

I wish Campbell had more years with us, good player. 

Satan?  To me he was a bum who scored goals when he felt like it. 

After the top 20 the level drops and this becomes a guessing game.  

Briere and Drury don’t have enough years in to make a top 20 list (thanks Darcy) but otherwise would make it.  

• Like (+1) 1

This is quickly becoming depressing. Our lack of success should be a given after looking at our top twenty. Not to mention that aside from Dom and Gil, nobody on the Sabres has ever accomplished anything meaning while in Buffalo. Even Gil didn’t but it’s kind of hard to disregard him. Good thing we’ve got all those numbers in the rafters though. 

11 hours ago, #freejame said:

This is quickly becoming depressing. Our lack of success should be a given after looking at our top twenty. Not to mention that aside from Dom and Gil, nobody on the Sabres has ever accomplished anything meaning while in Buffalo. Even Gil didn’t but it’s kind of hard to disregard him. Good thing we’ve got all those numbers in the rafters though. 

Up until Pegula came along and the Darcy purge (tank) we had a very successful franchise. One of the better ones of the expansion teams.   Since inception we were among the top in the league in winning percentage, only a few 3 year playoff droughts.   Unfortunately, we failed to perform well in the playoffs, but for long periods we have had contending teams.   

The past 8 years have changed things for the franchise, it’s perception and it’s culture.  

Losing on purpose is not good   Pittsburgh got away with it twice but overall a bad practice that still haunts us.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Up until Pegula came along and the Darcy purge (tank) we had a very successful franchise. One of the better ones of the expansion teams.   Since inception we were among the top in the league in winning percentage, only a few 3 year playoff droughts.   Unfortunately, we failed to perform well in the playoffs, but for long periods we have had contending teams.   

The past 8 years have changed things for the franchise, it’s perception and it’s culture.  

Losing on purpose is not good   Pittsburgh got away with it twice but overall a bad practice that still haunts us.  

How can you be considered a successful franchise if you’ve never won a cup? We may have been a consistently well-ran, but we never accomplished anything of note, except for maybe trouncing the USSR.

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Player info

Korab 537gm 67g 216a 283 pts +78

Zhitnik 712gm 55g 234a 289 pts -33

Bodger 479gm 54g 233a 287 pts +15

Campbell 391gm 32g 144a 176 pts -7

Is Campbell really at the same level as the other 3?

Korab is first in my recollection . He had skill, size, and was really intimidating.  

The other 3 are good players but not special in any way.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.