Why doesn't anyone give Buffalo a chance?

JujuFish

I just checked out a certain website's NHL board and there was a thread on playoff predictions. I went through it pretty fast, so I may have made a mistake, but I don't think I saw anyone give Buffalo a playoff spot out of 100+ posts.

Do people really think the Sabres are that bad? I don't understand it. Am I just ignorant? If the Sabres play like each game counts, as they should, I don't see any reason why they can't get into the playoffs.

I just checked out a certain website's NHL board and there was a thread on playoff predictions. I went through it pretty fast, so I may have made a mistake, but I don't think I saw anyone give Buffalo a playoff spot out of 100+ posts.

Do people really think the Sabres are that bad? I don't understand it. Am I just ignorant? If the Sabres play like each game counts, as they should, I don't see any reason why they can't get into the playoffs.

They didn't make a big splash in the free agency market. They haven't figured out who is going to be in goal, and two of the three goalies were pretty inconsistant the last outing. They lost 25-30 goals (albiet mostly garbage goals) when Satan left. Their best defenseman left.

The question I have is whether they get the take on the lunch bucket attitude they had right before Satan was brought in. If they do, I think they will at least entertaining and probably pretty competitive.

They didn't make a big splash in the free agency market. They haven't figured out who is going to be in goal, and two of the three goalies were pretty inconsistant the last outing. They lost 25-30 goals (albiet mostly garbage goals) when Satan left. Their best defenseman left.

The question I have is whether they get the take on the lunch bucket attitude they had right before Satan was brought in. If they do, I think they will at least entertaining and probably pretty competitive.

Has anyone seen the latest Season Ticket numbers? Last time I heard it was at 7500 eqs. League average is over 12,000.

It doesn't look like fans are rushing to the HSBC box office.

yea i can't afford seasons tickets but im going to be buying at least 5-10 sets of single game tickets... mostly golds and silvers... perhaps the odd bronze or value if im bored one night... but obviously thats not gonna make up for a lack of season tickets... but hey if everyone does there part we might be ok.

Yeah, everyone on HF Boards says we are dogS%T, but who cares. I rather play under the radar and surprise team and their fans. Nobody is giving this team a shot. But hopefully, they can get off to the right start with some new rules and our speed.

10-12k is about right for season ticket holders and I've seen this avg before.

Yeah, everyone on HF Boards says we are dogS%T, but who cares. I rather play under the radar and surprise team and their fans. Nobody is giving this team a shot. But hopefully, they can get off to the right start with some new rules and our speed.

Agreed, let other teams feel they can take it easy and give a half-assed effort against us. Then take advantage of it.

I don't care what anyone says, I think we have a team that is going to do very well in the "new style" NHL.

I think the reason is because of the uncertainity of the defense, right now the Sabres do not have a #1 type defenseman, or really even a 1A type...and with the uncertainity with the goaltending situation (Will Biron be traded etc) and if so and the Sabres go with Miller who does not have much experience, I can see why a lot of people arent picking the Sabres to go to the playoffs.

I think the reason is because of the uncertainity of the defense, right now the Sabres do not have a #1 type defenseman, or really even a 1A type...and with the uncertainity with the goaltending situation (Will Biron be traded etc) and if so and the Sabres go with Miller who does not have much experience, I can see why a lot of people arent picking the Sabres to go to the playoffs.

This is a year to sit back watch Vanek. Hope he adjusts to the NHL and stays healthy and hope that something major happens in the front office to turn the direction of this NHL Titanic around.

i think the comments about uncertanity are right on... we have a lot of un proven elements on our team. the only thing that is proven is that regier and ruff can't run this team properly... just about every element of our team is new or untested, from the forwards... vanek filling in for part of satans duty to a new goalie who's been said to be able to take no 1 duty... but looked average in his apperances last year... no one can give a definative anwser and say yea were gonna be good... so they stay safe and just say were gonna suck...

I just checked out a certain website's NHL board and there was a thread on playoff predictions.  I went through it pretty fast, so I may have made a mistake, but I don't think I saw anyone give Buffalo a playoff spot out of 100+ posts.

Do people really think the Sabres are that bad?  I don't understand it.  Am I just ignorant?  If the Sabres play like each game counts, as they should, I don't see any reason why they can't get into the playoffs.

It probably has something to do with the fact that the team got weaker in the offseason and stunk last season. Why would anyone pick this team to make the playoffs? I surely wouldn't.

Archived