GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Columbus, Oct. 7th 7pm ET MSG, ESPN+ and WGR550

jsb

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

That was pathetic from Jack. 

OT losses suck man

I've come to grips with regular season overtime. It's a tie decided by an exhibition of hockey. I don't rip players who make mistakes in a very unnatural three on three setting.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Jack was tired, maybe a mistake playing him again, but that’s what happens. Glad we got a point in a game we got out played in. Linus was good 

Good point. That was a fast second shift. I betcha Ralph doesn't put him out there so soon next OT, something to watch for.

• Like (+1) 1

This game was a carbon copy of the game in Columbus on October 27th, 2018. Tying late after being out-classed all night in both zones. Losing in OT. Columbus is a ***** hard team to play against when they get going. A lot of guys looked like last year's version. 

It'll be a good set of film for Ralph to break down. 

Not every game can be what the first two were, unfortunately! ***** I hope we beat Montreal. 

Hockey season never feels like it fills you up completely. Mild disappointment that we're 45 hours away from the next one.

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Stole a point. Hopefully a good learning experience for the challenge they faced. Not many teams will play heavy like CLB has perfected, and with their passing being off that becomes a crux.  These points will be important later glad they got it. Eichel will get over being outplayed by Folingo all game. 

Not many games the Sabres will have 27 or 28 missed/blocked shots and only 18 shots on goal either.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Jack has done this before.  He stays on the ice too long in OT.  

RK said he is teaching him to not try to do too much.  

Bottom line is we are fortunate to get one point tonight.  

Pretty sure Eichel didn't tell himself to get back on the ice after about a 40 second break.

And Eichel in hind sight should have gone to Olofsson, but he WAS trying to go back behind the net, likely to send it to Ristolainen, but when he went towards behind the net the puck didn't come with him.

Bad play, but at least they got the point.

• Like (+1) 1